Bx2350 power loss after a few minutes

Challenge318

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 7, 2018
Hammond,La
I have a problem with power loss after about 5 -10 minutes .If I throttle back to less than 2000 rpm it continues to run fine
Just to give a little history, I have replaced both fuel filters , fuel pump and drained the tank. Fuel was very clean after 14 years with less than a cap full of debris . No rust, no water. Also bled injectors.
I read in the forum about the fuel gauge sending unit being a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's not venting properly it will do that. ;)
Run it and when it starts running poorly loosen the cap, and see if it starts running right.

Ric

Equipment
L4240HST, K008, BX2380, Harley Rake Brillion Landscape 64 Woods RD8400 Danuser
Mar 31, 2018
LI NY
Had a similar issue with a truck. Went through many fuel filters only to find out that the elbow at the inlet of the fuel filter was clogged. Try pulling the hoses and check that they flow freely and that the fittings are clear. Other thing that comes to mind is that fuel line is sucking air somewhere?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a problem with power loss after about 5 -10 minutes .If I throttle back to less than 2000 rpm it continues to run fine
Just to give a little history, I have replaced both fuel filters , fuel pump and drained the tank. Fuel was very clean after 14 years with less than a cap full of debris . No rust, no water. Also bled injectors.
I read in the forum about the fuel gauge sending unit being a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Were you replacing the fuel pump as part of your attempt to fix this problem of power loss?

Alternatively, did the problem arise after your maintenance work?

Dave

Challenge318

Equipment
BX2350
Apr 7, 2018
Hammond,La
To all thanks for the input. I found the problem which was a kink in the fuel line between the first filter and the fuel pump . The hose was actually in an offset position which over time created a stress point reducing flow.
I bought a longer fuel line and looped it to avoid the possibility of developing a kink.secured hose with ty wraps. Cut 4 acres and didn’t miss a beat. Thanks to all once again for the help.