FEL bucket is not level, what to do??

TN Road Dog

Equipment
L3301HST with FEL, BB1266, FDR1672
Sep 19, 2016
Somerville, TN USA
my bucket on my LA525 loader isn't level while parked on a good flat level surface. the left side of the bucket is still about one inch off surface when right side touches.
I believe this has been the case since I purchased year an half ago by a smaller margin, but cannot be sure. I am thinking check the mounting bolt torque and to go thru a re-install procedure if it is suspected the mount has slipped. I have measured the loader arms height from the floor of my garage and there is a slight difference.

I don't think I have bent or distorted the loader, but I will keep that in mind as a possibility.

Advice or comments from anyone having such experience and dealing with similar problems would be appreciated.

TN road dog

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Sorry for the simplistic response, but..
Assuming you are on flat ground (concrete), the first thing to check is the tire pressure and/or the tire size (measure from the floor to the center or the wheel on each side). See if the problem is originating from there. Believe it of not, this seems to be a common cause of the loader not being parallel to the ground.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sorry for the simplistic response, but..
Assuming you are on flat ground (concrete), the first thing to check is the tire pressure and/or the tire size (measure from the floor to the center or the wheel on each side). See if the problem is originating from there. Believe it of not, this seems to be a common cause of the loader not being parallel to the ground.
ditto...check all 4...especially rears. If that isn't the issue, try loosening loader mount bolts so that bucket sits flat. Then re-tighten everything.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
First, adjust rear tire pressures so they're even.

Secondly, make sure your concrete is level. You'd be surprised how unlevel some concrete pads are.

Loosen the subframe bolts (the hardware that holds the loader mounting frames to the tractor). Just LOOSEN them (do not remove)-not falling out loose, but leave a little tension on the lock washers. Then put down pressure on the bucket, enough to barely lift the front tires. With down pressure applied, tighten the subrame bolts.

That usually takes care of it. If not....put a block of wood under the "low" side and then apply down pressure to the bucket to lift the front tires off the ground. Let it sit like that a while, couple hours or so usually. Don't be surprised if the tires are back on the ground from loader cylinder leakdown.

Keep in mind, an inch isn't going to show up on any dirt work...a FEL isn't a GPS controlled dozer or earthmover or a grader-scraper, especially not on a small tractor.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
lots of us have had this problem & several threads on it here at OTT...

as everyone else mentioned check those rear tires...

dont just measure air pressure... measure the actual height of the tires.

the tires can say the same size on the print, but lots of these tires are NOT the same size when you measure them with the same pressure in them.

if that doesnt get it?

then you are like lots of the rest of us & have the Kubota crooked FEL.

they have no real "fix" for it & NOTHING you do fixes it for good or all the way.

TN Road Dog

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Somerville, TN USA
The garage floor is pretty darn level left to right of the tractor. The floor does have an ever slight slope to the garage door opening which the tractor faces.
I have checked tire pressure, however, I have not measured tires to floor or axel to floor. I'll do that before taking more aggressive steps such as loosening the loader mounting bolts etc..
Thank all of you for your replies !!! :)
TN road dog

TN Road Dog

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Somerville, TN USA
Should I need to adjust and or retighten loader mount bolts, does anyone know the recommended torque ??

L3301 with FEL LA525

The only info I find so far is torque values for bolts sizes in general but may not be specific for an application.

TN Road Dog

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The garage floor is pretty darn level left to right of the tractor. The floor does have an ever slight slope to the garage door opening which the tractor faces.
I have checked tire pressure, however, I have not measured tires to floor or axel to floor. I'll do that before taking more aggressive steps such as loosening the loader mounting bolts etc..
Thank all of you for your replies !!! :)
TN road dog
The easiest way to get an accurate read of the height difference is to measure from the concrete at the center of the wheel vertically to the rim at its highest point.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yup...gotta keep an eye on the loader bolts. They'll loosen after initial tightening and a few hours of working the tractor. Completely normal, IMO.

166 lb-ft is the correct torque. Or close. 160-170.

When I'm doing a 50hr service on one, I almost always find the loader bolts looser than 166 lb-ft-even the ones that were preassembled at Kubota. Completely normal. IIRC the loader manual tells you to check and/or retighten them after a certain number of hours. Actually if an owner goes a while without tightening them, I've seen them broken off and/or basically falling out. The broken ones are always fun :)

TN Road Dog

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Somerville, TN USA
Thank You Dirty Deed, I call myself looking for information in the owners manual, apparently I over looked the info on the torque value. Shame on me!
That's the first thing I normally do.

And thank you to Sheepfarmer, the photos etc are very helpful..

I really appreciate this forum and all who participate..