Safety and other useful lighting for 1980 L185?

Tallbald

Nov 24, 2015
KY
My 1980 L185 has only the headlights and an accessory rear light I added years ago. I've looked several places to see what other lights might have been optional, or standard but now missing, when it was new but don't see many helpful photos. There's no ROP bar.
In 1980, were flashing amber safety lights an option? if so were they just on fenders? When refurbished, my L185 will likely not see real field work again until I'm gone, but rather will be driven in the suburbs for fun like some do with golf carts, and maybe shown in a local parade or two. Lighting would be pleasing to my eyes. There are many factory-looking holes in the fenders. Were these for lighting? Or perhaps a mounted radio which would be a nice feature even today?
Any help finding a link to an old advertisement would be neat to see too. I need to continue mining here for information I know. Thanks. Don

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look on Kubota.com under illustrated parts list. Search for l185 and look in the fender section, I know they have reflectors and lights. Some of the holes were for balustrades (handles) but they are expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
also search in this forum for the numerous threads on how folk have added lights to their tractors. Many have found set ups that are superior and cost less than OEM lights.

Tallbald

Nov 24, 2015
KY
Thank you. I've looked over dozens of L185 photos online and very very few have safety lights on them. Rear reflectors, but no safety lights. Since I'll be driving her around neighborhoods I want the flashing lights. I suspect that whatever I buy will as you say, an aftermarket affair. I suppose LED lights in that case would be best for low drain... Don

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I ripped off the flashing lights on my bx 2200 running the brush hog. I found a cheap alternative on eBay a set of Amber hazzard lights 6 lights 3 leds per light with controller for $11.89 and free shipping. Will post some pictures when I get them installed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk