Where can I buy remote valve if not Kubota dealer?

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
I bought a 2006 M4800 a couple weeks ago with the intention of having a rear remote valve added. I dropped it off at the local Kubota dealership and they said they would have to order the valve. Service Rep called me back and said that the part is on back-order and would not be available till March 2015.

Where else can I buy the unit and how difficult is it to install?

Attachments

peterp

Equipment
L4330, B9200, Harley Rake, York Rake, BH90, BB60, Grapple, Timberwolf 3pt Split.
Oct 27, 2014
West Stockbridge MA
I recently installed this valve on my B9200. Note: it is only an 8 gal/min valve, your tractor may have a much greater volume.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...M-PRINCE-MB11G5C1-DA-FLOAT-VALVE-9-7861-F.axd

I also purchased fittings from Surplus Center as well. They get a rating of 5 out of 5 for price selection, website data available and delivery.

I then purchased my rear QD's and mounting bracket from a local Parker distributor as they were the same make and size as on my L4330 and several attachments. Features were push/pull and breakaway and connect under pressure.

http://ph.parker.com/us/17559/en/qu...ic-up-to-3000-psi-iso-5675-8200-series/8250-4

I had (5) hoses made locally and used a rope to determine routing and length. The hoses on my tractor were:

Pressure, tank, power beyond back to tractor hyd distribution block, Implement A and Implement B. I mounted the valve on my fender and it functions perfectly.

I chose a mono block valve as I only need one valve on this tractor. If you need more than one remote, then I would suggest a stackable valve(s). I was most concerned with Power Beyond, Float, Open Center, and the ability to operate a double acting cylinder.

Note: if the ports on the valve(s) you select are close together and your hose/valve position require 90 degree fittings, chose short and extra long 90's in order to thread them in the valve, a better option may be 90 degree fittings on the hoses.

Installation was very easy. All info required was in my operators manual, except the thread size of the Kubota hydraulic distribution block. I took a plug out and with the help of my local hydraulic parts store determined it was a BSPP which was common for a Japanese manufacturer.

Best to make a sketch with all fittings and hoses required, then saves on missing items during assembly.

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
Looks like I've got a lot to learn about hydraulics. I checked with a second Kubota dealership just across the State line and was told again that the auxiliary valve would take 3 - 4 months to be received. Since its December I won't really need it till spring/summer so I'm going to go ahead and order the part. Thanks for responses which may help someone down the road.