SUDT quantity... expensive stuff..

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
Put my bh92 on the other day to dig a ditch, a bit muddy and water in the ditch, noticed my hoe would swing to the left a little on its own. Got down and found a loose fitting on the hoe with a bit of hyd fluid in the water in the ditch. Estimated I had lost a couple of gallons.

I had a half a gallon, went into the dealer and bought two gallons and put it in, also added some JD red dye that I had ordered, nothing on the sight glass. Ran it, drove it around, operated the hoe and the FEL, still nothing. (did find another slight leak, the red dye is great!)

Bought another gallon, (about a 60 mile drive to the dealer) put it in, nothing on the sight glass.

Went in and got yet another gallon, nothing on the sight glass... will pick up two gallons on the next trip, but I have put in 4 and a half and still nothing on the glass. Getting expensive.

Any idea what the total quantity is on an MX4800?

M

Vacula

Equipment
BX1500, LA181, 54" MMM, JohnnyPlow Sr, Heavy Hitch, Box Scraper
May 10, 2017
Clinton County, PA
Guessing 10+ gallons plus your attachment lines and cylinders. With a backhoe and FEL, again just guessing, 14 gallons easily.

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
Thanks Hokie, I had looked and looked and somehow missed that.

Pretty good guess Vacula!

You are right Teg, I would save more in fuel running back and forth to the dealer. Will pick up a 5 gal container. Probably cheaper by the 5 gal anyway.

M