B7500 lift arm issue

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
091D2876-BE73-4711-8976-15CBF2FEFAA6.jpg Been using a rear blade for snow behind my B7500. 2 times in the past two days Ive had this problem. The snap ring on the shaft that operates the lift arms pops off....the shaft shifts to the right and the lift arm falls off. I realize I have the blade angled some....but I wouldn***8217;t think it should cause much side load. I was careful to clean the groove in the shaft for the snap ring before installation. Any thoughts appreciated. Ref P/N. #100

Last edited:

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
The wrong size snap ring maybe??? It probably is metric.
I have never had that problem with mine (and hope I never do) so I can't help much.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I suggest that you measure the snap ring groove diameter with an indicator and make sure that the replacement snap ring ID is the same size. If you don't have an indicator they are about $10 at Harbor Freight for a cheap one.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Snap rings often need to go on a specific way. There is a sharp edged side and a rounder edge side.

The sharp edge side needs to be hitting the groove where it will resist the arm sliding off its shaft.

If this has been happening several times you may also have damaged the straight edge of the grove the snap ring sets in.

Look closely at your rings edges and see if you can spot the difference.

I dirty or scarred groove will also prevent the ring from fully seating. Examine the groove carefully all around.

Dave

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Snap rings often need to go on a specific way. There is a sharp edged side and a rounder edge side.

The sharp edge side needs to be hitting the groove where it will resist the arm sliding off its shaft.

If this has been happening several times you may also have damaged the straight edge of the grove the snap ring sets in.

Look closely at your rings edges and see if you can spot the difference.

I dirty or scarred groove will also prevent the ring from fully seating. Examine the groove carefully all around.

Dave
Dave: Thanks for the input. I examined the groove as best I could given the location. I also cleaned it with a brush and solvent. The groove seemed really shallow to me. I installed the snap ring without the arm attached....seemed really secure. I turned the rear blade so it is loading to the opposite side. Time will tell.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Here is Kubota info on the right and wrong way to install snap rings.

This is an exaggerated cross section of a snap ring showing 15 degree slope on one face of the snap ring.

Dave