My new BX2380

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
First look at the dealer, being delivered this week.
Bx2380, LA344 Loader, Land Pride Box Blade, R4 tires with rear tires loaded

Mods to be done upon delivery,
Piranha tooth bar
Bx under armor
2" rear wheel spacers
Mirrors

I will post pictures after mods complete along with reviews and lessons learned along the way.

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
you are going to be impressed with the tractor. It will do things that you have not thought of just yet!:D:)

And you have selected some good additions as well - all those will make the tractor even more useful.;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kevin -

That's a piece of shyt! [emoji14]

Will be better when it gets some dirt on it!! [emoji14]

How wide is the BB?

Enjoy - great little machine!

Last edited:

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Kevin -

That's a piece of shyt! [emoji14]

Will be better when it gets some dirt on it!! [emoji14]

How wide is the BB?

Enjoy - great little machine!

The BB is 1248 plus I got the quick hitch(about 325 LBS). I see you have some sloping terrain too. Do you find the BB provides ample ballast? I am figuring with the loaded rear tires, 2" spacers, and BB they should enhance the stability when I am running a loaded bucket up and down my lot.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I see you have some sloping terrain too. Do you find the BB provides ample ballast? I am figuring with the loaded rear tires, 2" spacers, and BB they should enhance the stability when I am running a loaded bucket up and down my lot.
Photos don't depict slopes well....that is steep on the corner of the house. Don't know % slope, but trust me on that one.....:eek:

A 48" BB is perfect for your tractor. My favorite implement!

My KK BB is ~300lbs. It's okay for ballast, but for slopes, you'd want another 100lbs or so. That can be done by hanging weights or concrete blocks on your BB.

Your spacers will help also. I don't have spacers. I also have my rears loaded.

When you're first using your tractor, be very careful on slopes with the loader. Keep loads low, and go slow.

I've driven tractors almost 50 years, and mowed this same steep yard for 26 years.

Heed my advice, please, and be safe...

Last edited:

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Photos don't depict slopes well....that is steep on the corner of the house. Don't know % slope, but trust me on that one.....:eek:

A 48" BB is perfect for your tractor. My favorite implement!

My KK BB is ~300lbs. It's okay for ballast, but for slopes, you'd want another 100lbs or so. That can be done by hanging weights or concrete blocks on your BB.

Your spacers will help also. I don't have spacers. I also have my rears loaded.

When you're first using your tractor, be very careful on slopes with the loader. Keep loads low, and go slow.

I've driven tractors almost 50 years, and mowed this same steep yard for 26 years.

Heed my advice, please, and be safe...
Great advice, thank you.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Congrat's on the new BX, I'm sure you'll love it, and very quickly realize you should have done this years ago!

As others mentioned, always use extreme caution on slopes, things can get out of hand quickly.

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Mitchell Tractor... from Washington. (My boss lives in the same town!) Where do you find slopes that you need 2" spacer down east!!! Just kidding, better safe than sorry. Looks like a great setup!!!
The lot I own behind my house has a a bit of a slope to it. Had a guy give me a quote of like 24K to grade it for me. Told him he needs to take a drug test. Like so many things, I'll do it myself then I know it's done right and get a new tractor in the process:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Cool chairs, They would make me fall asleep in a short time!! Did you buy them or did you make them?
A guy from Kinston makes them, really nice craftsmanship. I met him at the farmers market in New Bern where he had some on display. Built to a med height so they are real comfortable to get in and out of. I did build the fire pit and patio, plus this 12' cedar outside dining table.

Attachments