FOUND: B series kubota B7100 B7200

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO
Wanted to Buy: I am looking for a B series Kubota, especially a B7100 or B7200 in decent shape with fairly low hours (prefer less than 1500). Needs to have 4wd but doesn't need to have a front end loader, and would prefer hydrostat transmission. We are looking for a small tractor to do light farm work- mowing, use with single bottom plow and small disc. I am located in the central Missouri area, but would travel to nearby states for the right machine. Doesn't have to look perfect, but needs to run well. Price range: $2-4,000, but really depends on the machine. Feel free to PM me, or email me at ant73940 (AT) gmail.com if you have something you would consider selling that you think we would consider buying! Thanks for your time.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Re: WTB B series kubota B7100 B7200

I can't help you locate the tractor you are looking for, but I can support you in your choice.
I recently "picked up" a B7200 and am being more impressed with it every time I use it.

I will say, I can't as yet see the need for all wheel drive on a tractor with no loader.
Even with 110 # of Kubota suitcase weights bolted to the front carrier. Any implement hanging off the back has the front end only kissing the earth. Steering is a "get it when you can" sort of deal.

This goes for the pond scoop loaded.
The Chipper shredder during transport
The 4 foot box blade when carrying a good load in the box.

I believe I would like to have the front wheels driving, but so far, I would be happy if they just stayed on the ground.

Mine is the B7200 HST -E , and It is very impressive. Climbs slopes like a goat! Turns on a dime and gives nine cents change.

Good luck with your search. Don't discount the two wheel drive units if you run across one.

With a loader, or a front snow blower, things may be different. I'm looking for one more suitcase weight myself.
I'll be hanging a snow plow off the front this winter, Then I'll need a bit of weight out back to load the tire chains. : -]

cheers

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Wanted to Buy: I am looking for a B series Kubota, especially a B7100 or B7200 in decent shape with fairly low hours (prefer less than 1500). Needs to have 4wd but doesn't need to have a front end loader, and would prefer hydrostat transmission. We are looking for a small tractor to do light farm work- mowing, use with single bottom plow and small disc. I am located in the central Missouri area, but would travel to nearby states for the right machine. Doesn't have to look perfect, but needs to run well. Price range: $2-4,000, but really depends on the machine. Feel free to PM me, or email me at ant73940 (AT) gmail.com if you have something you would consider selling that you think we would consider buying! Thanks for your time.
The 7200 is a little more machine than the 7100 - but either one will work all day long and you'll be tired using it!

I think you will run across 20 B7100's before you see a B7200 however, I have not seen a 7200 on CL in a while. I see B7100 a lot! I take it you have searched craigslist in your area?

And I would NOT consider a 2wd machine......that is just me! Even with diffy lock, those front wheels when driven - are a game changer!;):)

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

True what H85 has written.

The 7200 is a full five inches longer than the 7100.
And the 4X4 driven front axle adds 100# to the tractor weight just where it is needed.

I've got four tractors. The loader equipped one is all wheel drive. ( and this one has locking diff at both ends! Quite the billy goat when locked up!)
All four will wag the front wheels in the air when working a load out back. Sometimes I pick up a bucket full of "something" , when working the loader tractor "out back' . Pulling logs will test any drive arrangement.;-)

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO

Thanks for the information and advice. I use a lot of smaller 2wd and 4wd tractors at my work and I am just much more comfortable with the 4wd ones on slopes, especially in areas where I am uncertain about the condition of the ground. Our farm we intend to use the tractor on has 3 sloping fields where we are establishing orchards and the trails between them are quite sloping and narrow. I think something about the size of a B7100 would be perfect for us.

I have been searching craigslist in my area a lot. I have seen a couple promising leads locally, but they did not pan out. Still searching!

JerryC999

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2014
Simpsonville, KY

Did you see the posting in St. Louis here at OTT?

cosmetically challenged but ran fine when parked a few years ago, new rear tires, front plow may sell separetly, non hydrostat, sell as is where is for $1400 with plow, call 314-three9three,96four6

Just a few days ago. . .

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO

Thanks JerryC999 I did see that posting, but I have more than enough projects going on right now, I need something I can dependably use fairly soon. Thanks for the tip though!

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO

Update: Thanks again for all the tips. I ended up buying a 1981 Kubota B7100HST with around 1500 hours with a front hydraulic plow and 4 ft brushhog. Previous owner used it for wildlife food plots and other small jobs. It seems to have been pretty well maintained, engine and transmission seem very strong, and I'm in the process of going through and changing all fluids and filters over the next week and seeing if there are any other parts that are in need of some TLC.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Update: Thanks again for all the tips. I ended up buying a 1981 Kubota B7100HST with around 1500 hours with a front hydraulic plow and 4 ft brushhog for $3,400.00. Previous owner used it for wildlife food plots and other small jobs. It seems to have been pretty well maintained, engine and transmission seem very strong, and I'm in the process of going through and changing all fluids and filters over the next week and seeing if there are any other parts that are in need of some TLC.
IT did NOT happen.......

we need pictures man - pictures!!!:D:)

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO

Sorry it took so long to get a picture on here. It is an 81ish B7100 HST 4wd. It came with some really unique deep diagonal tread turf or industrial tires on the rear that have pretty decent traction under most conditions (I am not sure what these tires would be called I haven't been able to find any like them), but I wish they had a little more when I am doing soil preparation (plowing/tilling) for planting. I do like that since the rear tires are so wide, coupled with the front blade sitting pretty low, the tractor has pretty good stablity. We need all the stability we can get at our orchard, it is extremely hilly, there is no place on our farm that would be considered flat.

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Nice looking machine!!!
IF you dont mind me being nosy - what cha pay for that? ALL of those attachments come with it???
I see you have your rear wheel spaced out too - good choice, unless your crops are in tighter rows.

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO

Thanks! Yes brushhog and front blade/subframe included. Yes, they were spaced out when we bought it. I like it a lot so far, only two things I would change would be having a little more ground clearance (only have about 4 inches because of subframe) and putting a little more weight around the tractor for stability - and we are going to fill the tires soon to get a little more stability so we will see if that solves that one.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
How about a closeup of the those tires and the size?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Thanks! We paid $3,400, yes brushhog and front blade/subframe included. Yes, they were spaced out when we bought it. I like it a lot so far, only two things I would change would be having a little more ground clearance (only have about 4 inches because of subframe) and putting a little more weight around the tractor for stability - and we are going to fill the tires soon to get a little more stability so we will see if that solves that one.
Damn good price for something that looks that good!:)
Fill those tires with windshield washer fluid or better - each rear will hold about 12 gallons - that is 200 lbs for both depending what you place in it. Will make a difference for sure.;)

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO
Thanks for the tip. Now that winter is here I have some time to get the tires off and get them filled. Bill, I did not get a picture because it was dark out but the rear tires are Goodyear Terra tires, they are 31*15.50 - 15 NHS . The front ones are older and I think I am going to just replace them, they are 20.5*8.0-10 . I have seen people call these rear tires Z-Bar style. From reading on the forums I see that these rear tires are somewhat larger than the recommended 29*12.5 - 15. I would like to keep these rear tires if possible - they are in excellent condition. Should I try to get slightly larger front tires to make up for my slightly larger rear tires?

ant126

Sep 3, 2017
Boonville, MO
Well I emailed the manufacturer and got some great information. Those rear tires in terms of rolling circumference are acceptable. Their rolling circumference is only 89 but some of the other tires they made with the Terra name are in the low 90's. Here is a link to some of them for sale https://www.tires4that.com/itemdeta...MI6eS_p8n22AIVwSFpCh2vpAbjEAYYASABEgKfzPD_BwE

As I said the wheels on my B7100 are set out as wide as they can go and I don't have a problem with the width of these tires, I really like the added stability.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
the rear tires are Goodyear Terra tires, they are 31*15.50 - 15 NHS
Thanks, I thought I recognized them- a friend had them on an old military flat fender & that thing was awesome in muddy conditions.