3 Point Hitch problems

chipdip268

Equipment
B1750HST, Brantley Backhoe, LA300 FEL
Mar 31, 2010
Evansville,IN
Hi all.... I have a problem with my 3PH lift... with an implement on it you can raise it just fine but then it drops a bit and starts "cycling"... raise, lower, raise,lower.....etc. Shut the tractor off and it drops. FEL is working just fine, just the 3PH is giving me issues. It has about 2200 psi on the guage at the FEL and you can watch it up and drop while the 3PH is doing its thing.... Any Thoughts? Is this just an adjustment or do I need to tear into the control valve? :confused:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Its not the control valve because there is just one big hydraulic piston is there that does the work. Its much like the piston on an engine. Try turning the flow controll knob that infront of your seat and see what that does.

chipdip268

Equipment
B1750HST, Brantley Backhoe, LA300 FEL
Mar 31, 2010
Evansville,IN
When I turn the flow control valve under the seat it either does the cycling or it just hangs there.... the implement won't go down unless I readjust the flow control knob. No matter where the lift control lever is at. It seems as though when the 3 point lifts up, it stops where it should and immediately starts to float down even though the lift control lever has not been moved, and once it drops an inch or two, it automatically raises it back up to the same spot and keeps doing this over and over. Like maybe the feedback rod is moving when it is not supposed to... but it doesn't have any play and has not been messed with. It just started doing this suddenly.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I had this happen to one time to my L 3000. I had the flow control set where it would fall slow. I don't know if it had a piece of trash get caught in it or what. I opened the flow control all the way up and cycled the lift up and down several times and then reset it and the problem went away. It was about 8 yrs ago that mine did this and has never done it again.

Have you ever changed the hydraulic oil yet?