L3400 DT stalls when put in gear

kub43393

Equipment
3400 DT
Jan 17, 2012
Chilliwack BC Canada
Hi guys, first time user. -12C here outside Vancouver BC on our farm. Trying to be a hero by plowing everyone's drive......(we get snow a few times a year) ...my Kub starts up no problem....but stalls as soon as I try to put it into gear. I don't even get a chance to release the clutch. Just stalls, period. I checked pto, emerg brake, etc. nothing. Runs fine, just STALLS. 20" of snow and my snow shovel is eyeing me .....me with my bad back.

Any suggestions? My 3400 DT has only 220 hours on it, has run like a top since Ive had it. (2005 bought last year) :(

HELP! I NEED to plow snow.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yes sounds exactly like the kickstand switch on a motorcycle (don't ask how I know it does they do that). I have absolutely no idea what it could be on a tractor though. Parking brake switch maybe? Either something is engaged that shouldn't be when moving the tractor is there is a stuck switch somewhere.

I'd read the manual and see if you can't figure out what the lockout is and then have a look at that switch. Just hit it with a multimeter to figure out which position it's in when open and then do that to the wires coming out of the harness til you can have a look at the switch. The same could be done to the neutral switch if you can't find it and you're sure nothing is engaged or could be damaged when moving.

BobinNM

Equipment
L3830 HST w/LA723
Jul 8, 2011
Four Corners, NM
You didn't just service the air filter did you? If your in a hurry, you can accidently insert the innner filter backwards - similar results. Don't ask how I know this.:D

Zoom

Equipment
L2800
Oct 18, 2012
Chesapeake, VA.
Hi guys, first time user. -12C here outside Vancouver BC on our farm. Trying to be a hero by plowing everyone's drive......(we get snow a few times a year) ...my Kub starts up no problem....but stalls as soon as I try to put it into gear. I don't even get a chance to release the clutch. Just stalls, period. I checked pto, emerg brake, etc. nothing. Runs fine, just STALLS. 20" of snow and my snow shovel is eyeing me .....me with my bad back.

Any suggestions? My 3400 DT has only 220 hours on it, has run like a top since Ive had it. (2005 bought last year) :(

HELP! I NEED to plow snow.
Just happened to me as a was flipping compost over the neighbors yard. The L2800 has a Transaxle release/brake on the right side behind the gas pedal; this would be a big orange hook. When moving quickly or having snow on your boot may have partially set that release/brake as it got inadvertantly engaged. If engaged it acts as a switch and will cut the power as soon as you start to put the tractor in gear. All you need to do is to step on it and toe it up and it will reset. All is fine its not any filter, as referenced as the tractor will stay running in neutral just a simple check of a few switches find this item.