B or L

Debrey

Mar 9, 2017
yorba linda
Can anyone explain the difference between the B and L series at the 33 hp level ?
I'm about a year and a half out from buying a tractor. Right now I'm just researching.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Platform size! The B3350 is a deluxe series B with larger tires and lift capacities. It has mid PTO to operate mid mount mower or front mounted implements that require PTO drive.

The L series is a larger chassis with taller ground clearance and no mid PTO options. (except the grand L series) The L3301 is standard or economy series tractor.

The B3350 has had a bad track record out of the gate. After the first 2 years Kubota has weeded out the major issues. I believe 16-17 units have been much less trouble.

Pat

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
L3301, no issues, economy model, DPF that works.
B3350, litany of issues with DPF, has bells and whistles.

Depending upon intended uses, Id get the L. Barely physically bigger then the large B, but more cubes in the engine, bigger bucket, loaded rears really make it great for ground engaging implements.

I was all set to pull the trigger on an L2501, but my reality is I mow 80% of the engine hours. For less money, I ordered the BX23S with loader/backhoe and 60" deck. Does everything I need, whereas the L, I would still need to purchase a 3pt mower.

Im not a farmer. I bush hog maybe an acre. Stepping down to the little guy afforded me the backhoe to plant trees and Im going to plant hundreds...

If your going to maintain or build a drive, bush hog acres, a lot of loader work then a L is the ticket. If your going to mow, do loader work, and some ground engagement the B would be fine.