Rear main seal leak zd326 p-60

mac53

Equipment
b2400 zd326
May 30, 2010
elgin il. usa
I have a 2007 zd326-60 o turn with 508.2 hrs it has a rear main oil seal leak. Got the unit from a kubota dealer it was a demo rental unit had 495 hrs when i got it sold as is no warranty. Going to give kubota a call do you think i can get them to warranty this? This is my 3rd kubota unit b2100 & b2400 still have that one no problems well made good paint not this unit. If I have to repair it my self info on job & parts # would be @ big help. Thanks

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
There is a service bulletin from kubota for this issue. They have a revised seal made from a different material and a wear sleeve to be put on. There is a special driver from Kubota used to install this. If they give you a hard time about covering the cost, tell them you know there is a problem with this from when they were new, and hopefully they will cover it.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Good post kubotaTech glad to have you on site we have a few good techs. Thanks for your post and answering his question.handy

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Yes I have done this repair, and have seen a few others done. You have to remove the engine, flywheel, and rear main seal cover. You install the sleeve, seal and new gaskets for the cover, then reinstall the engine.

slc10844

Equipment
zd326
Mar 28, 2010
cockeysville
Yes I have done this repair, and have seen a few others done. You have to remove the engine, flywheel, and rear main seal cover. You install the sleeve, seal and new gaskets for the cover, then reinstall the engine.
Do you need the special tool to install the sleeve or can it be done without one. I tried to buy the tool but it is only available in a kit that costs $600.

LLC1255

Equipment
Kubota ZG327, Kubota L2900, Trac Vac 655PRO
Sep 6, 2011
Paris, TN, United States
I believe im having the same problem with seal on my 08 ZG327.. Wish I could help but Im following this thread for advice myself

Steve SS

Equipment
ZD326P
Apr 16, 2013
Dearborn, MO
I have a 2008 w/300 hours with same problem. Any follow up on the Bulletin number? My dealer wants $90 an hour plus parts to fix.

mchildress

Jul 27, 2012
Sealy,Texas
Mine has the same problem. Talked to the dealer for the second time about it and let them know I knew it is a common problem. They said they would call Kubota and give me a call. Was hoping to get it taken care of before mowing season. Been 2 months and no call.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Mine has the same problem. Talked to the dealer for the second time about it and let them know I knew it is a common problem. They said they would call Kubota and give me a call. Was hoping to get it taken care of before mowing season. Been 2 months and no call.
Kubota don't seem to want to fix this if you are off warranty! maybe if enough people complain loudly enough? It is a fair job because you have to remove the engine. If only they had put a hole in that rear support! I guess you could do it then it would be a 30 minute job!

Steve SS

Equipment
ZD326P
Apr 16, 2013
Dearborn, MO
Kubota US won't even acknowledge a Tech Bulletin. I wound up replacing the seal with the original part (would have taken a while to get the part with the sleeve). I do think the next time I will cut a hole in the back support. Any reasons not to?

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota US won't even acknowledge a Tech Bulletin. I wound up replacing the seal with the original part (would have taken a while to get the part with the sleeve). I do think the next time I will cut a hole in the back support. Any reasons not to?
None that I can think of! Just do a neat job and everyone will think it was made that way!

mchildress

Jul 27, 2012
Sealy,Texas
Went by the dealer a couple weeks ago day and picked up two sets of blades at $35 a piece. Asked the service mang what Kubota said about the oil seal. He said he hasn't heard back from them but still had my number and would give them another call. I am still holding my breath. Might break out the plasma cutter and make me an access hole.

bbarton

Equipment
zd326
Jul 20, 2013
BROOKVILLE
I also have a zd326 leaking oil. Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin? Or did you get any satisfaction from Kubota?

mac53

Equipment
b2400 zd326
May 30, 2010
elgin il. usa
Sorry I didn't post with outcome on this problem dealer where I got this unit (500 hrs. demo unit) said can't help you sold as is. Called Kubota they would pay for parts not labor took the motor out my self not a bad job other than draining antifreeze took it to another dealer (was not about to give the other one more of my $) they did the repair when I was there about 1.5 HR set up time to be there before hand . They installed a speedy seal repair kit stainless steel sleeve that goes on crank shaft needs to be heated and installed with a special tool then install a oil seal that is made for the repair sleeve over 600 HRS now dry as a bone. My cost $ 105.00 dealer labor - pulling motor taking it to dealer one trip a plus. I'm satisfied with how Kubota took care of my problem will never go back to the dealer where this unit came from they are in S. Elgin IL.

Steve SS

Equipment
ZD326P
Apr 16, 2013
Dearborn, MO
Replacing the rear oil seal again. I'm cutting a hole in the rear plate this time to pull the fly wheel. 568 hours on the ZD 326 this time.