Kubota L35 Hydro Issue

jansell

Equipment
L35 TLB
Nov 19, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hello all... I'm a new member to the forum though I have been browsing as a guest for a while.

Issue: I have a Kubota L35 GST I think 2003... The hydraulics are not performing correctly. I've found the issue in other threads but didn't find any solutions.

Symptoms:

* Intermittent steering - sometime no steering at any RPMs and sometimes only steering at higher RPMs (>1500ish)
* Intermittent movement forward and reverse. Frequently the machine won't move in any direction.
* Loader is a bit jerky (shutters)
* Backhoe is about the same as the loader

Things I've tried:
* Check all fluid levels
* Fully engage selector bypass valve at the 3pt hitch area

Seems to improve some when the tractor warms up.

Frequently the problem manifests itself after shutting down and turning back on (even when machine is warm).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 do a complete fluid and filter change, GST's are very picky about fluid flow.
I'm thinking you have a filter/fluid problem because you are explaining problems that is being felt by 2 different pumps, The GST and steering use on pump and lines and the loader and 3 point use another pump and lines, but both share the same fluid.

You want to use UDT hydraulic fluid at the minimum and even better off with SUDT 2 hydraulic fluid , it flows better when cold.

jansell

Equipment
L35 TLB
Nov 19, 2014
Pittsburgh
#1 do a complete fluid and filter change, GST's are very picky about fluid flow.
I'm thinking you have a filter/fluid problem because you are explaining problems that is being felt by 2 different pumps, The GST and steering use on pump and lines and the loader and 3 point use another pump and lines, but both share the same fluid.

You want to use UDT hydraulic fluid at the minimum and even better off with SUDT 2 hydraulic fluid , it flows better when cold.
Ok, I will try that the next chance I get. I do notice that the problem is worse in cold weather...

One thing I forgot to mention is that the problem seemed to start right after I removed the backhoe to run the brush hog... As soon as I reinstalled the backhoe it started to act-up...

Thanks!

2grit

Equipment
L35,U45
Apr 24, 2011
northeast
There is a selector lever that switches between PTO and Backhoe. Make sure it is all the way into "backhoe" selection. Another forum member just recently posted a similar problem with his L35. Let us know how you make out