installing a block heater on a BX25D for winter

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Tapped it with a punch/screwdriver on one side till it spun. Then pulled it out with some needle nose pliers. If I remember right. It was easy.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
There are many techniques, most involved brute force of some kind. If it's painted with the same paint as the engine, you might want to score around the rim of the freeze plug so it doesn't pull off engine paint when it comes out. That's about the only trick I know of associated with them, otherwise, destruction is commonly used.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I just picked mine up tonight how did anybody get the freeze plug out?
get an 1/8" drill bit, dip the end in heavy grease to "catch" the metal shavings, and drill a single hole near the edge. a quick pop with a slide hammer it came right out.

ranger5814

Equipment
BX2670 & LA203 Loader
Jul 16, 2014
Davis Junction, IL
I called my local Kubota dealer today looking for a engine heater for my BX2670 and they said the parts book doesn't list one. Any suggestions?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I called Kubota checking on an engine heater for my BX2670 and service said they don't list one in the parts book. Any suggestions?
Go take a quick peek under the hood (left side), you should have a plugged hole like this (in yellow) 17mm Allen wrench. Heater is P/N 70000-73274

Attachments

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Ill bet the counter person looking up the parts is about like a lot of counter people at a lot of auto parts stores. they only know what they see on the computer screen. When I called parts at Kubota to check stock, they showed that thread in model for my BX. I asked if there was an adaptor for the block temp sending unit, as it is where he showed the block heater to thread into. He was holding the part, and thought the knurled rings that hold the wired plug clip in place was threads. The thread in type would be a cinch to install.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I just solved my problem in my L-185, got a coleman camp heater, and am gonna stick it under the oil pan, when I needs a pre-heat...:D

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
that will warm up the oil in the pan, but it will probably take a lot to warm up the insides of the engine anything is better than nothing .

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
that will warm up the oil in the pan, but it will probably take a lot to warm up the insides of the engine anything is better than nothing .

Kept my fingers toasty warm, when adjusting the valves on the L2202, and she started right up, without all the usual valve clatter...:D