Exhaust discharge are low near rear of Front Axle

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
I am shopping for a new tractor looking at the L series noticed the exhaust pipe discharge is low near front axle. (I am use to the exhaust pipes coming up through the hood.) I am concerned about starting a fire in tall grass with it's location. especially with the new tier 4 system. This was on an L3901. Would appreciate you thoughts and experiance Thanks

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The tip is intercooled. I've not heard of anyone starting a fire, "yet"; and it's been dry here quite a bit during the last few summers.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I am shopping for a new tractor looking at the L series noticed the exhaust pipe discharge is low near front axle. (I am use to the exhaust pipes coming up through the hood.) I am concerned about starting a fire in tall grass with it's location. especially with the new tier 4 system. This was on an L3901. Would appreciate you thoughts and experiance Thanks
You could always add a "stinger" to turn the exhaust any way you like.

On the D950 engine, the exhaust flange is a four bolt square. It was a simple matter to turn the horizontal pipe to vertical. then add a stinger to get the smoke going over my head. ;-)

Such simple changes would not be possible with machines such as my Hurlimann 435 with a "complex" exhaust pipe design.

Last edited: