M5030DT power steering woes

dawggone

Equipment
M5030DT, 3 Cyl Kubota powered welder
Jul 25, 2017
Lexington,NC
Hello,
My first ever post. I inherited a Kubota as my father passed away. I spent a lot of time on this tractor years ago starting in high school in the late 80's. It is an awesome tractor but sadly has had years of neglect. I am trying to show it a little love. Anyway, current issue is that when I put power steering fluid in it, it can sit and the fluid seems to disappear. I can't see that it is leaking. I am concerned that it is leaking somewhere internally such as engine or hydraulic system. Is this possible?
Thank you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm really confused as that tractor does not take "power steering fluid"? :confused:

And where are you putting it?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
This tractor has a separate reservoir for the power steering system. Chances are the front seal in the power steering pump is out allowing the oil to go into the engine. Normally when the pump gets old it puts more pressure on the seal causing it to fail. you may get lucky and be able to put a new seal in the pump and it will hold. Good luck. Lance

dawggone

Equipment
M5030DT, 3 Cyl Kubota powered welder
Jul 25, 2017
Lexington,NC
Thanks,
It looked to me like the PS pump is attached to the back of the hydraulic pump and thought that it may be leaking into the hydraulic system fluid. Any ideas on that?