BH90 Hydraulic Problem

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
I have a BH90 on a L4400. Recently the BH would go to the up position slow with little power and when the lever was released it would go back down. Not violently but a pretty fast down. I removed the ram and removed the lines to test the ram but didn't get that far. When I started the tractor with these lines removed fluid came out of a fitting at a slow (it didn't shoot across the shop) but good rate. I think the ram is OK as when the lever is in the neutral position there shouldn't be any fluid coming out of the hoses (I think). Did I narrow this problem to the valve and what would cause this?

Last edited:

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
It is your valve. Do some searches on this site and you will find that i have posted most of the valves part numbers from HUSCO so you don't have to get K parts. A rebuild kit should be very obtainable for little money if you get it from someone who has a HUSCO kit. Napa has them if you can align the part numbers right. Any hydraulic shop can rebuild it for pennies compared to Kubota, especially if you can seperate the block of valves and take it in. They can give you every O-ring you need to put the block back together. I have the exact same model and my fight is no one ever greased it and I can't get it apart.

Semper Fi
Steve

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
I moved a couple relief valves around and the symptom moved. After the problem was isolated I took the valve apart and found a very small piece of metal fuss holding the needle slightly open. I plan on changing the hydraulic filter again to be safe. All is well.