Display Light ?

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Guys,
the red display light with a wrench symbol is staying on. Anyone know what this means? Everything is running fine. Dont see anything wrong.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hmmmm interesting. Did this light show up before or after you were doing your filter replacements. Have you changed those filters already? Might have nothing to do with those filters but who knows - could jog your memory about something.

We might have an operator's manual for a L3130 hanging out here, I'll ask Vic to look it up and report back.

In the meantime, might be a good idea to stop what you are doing and give your tractor a quick once over - make sure your fluid levels are what you expect and just give yourself some peace of mind in that regard. Last I remember you were discussing fan belts and filters/fluids, etc.

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Mr.K,
Its been on for a while now. Long before filter and fan belt change. Everything on the machine checks out fine. Dont see anything out of the ordinary. Runs like a top.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. Much appreciated.:D

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Your Kubota Grand L is equipped with the Inteli-Panel, and upgraded version of the original Inteli-Panel found on the L-1 Series Kubota's that preceeded your L3130.

The light is on to tell you that a "Service" is required.

The "wrench" light is part of the Service Reminder Programming uploaded onto the Inteli-Panels chip set.

Kubota programmed the maintenance intervals and Service Requirements into the Inteli-Panel with the instruction to illuminate the "Service Reminder" lamp at specific "hour" intervals.

Depending on the approximate hours displayed on your hour meter, it will tell you which service job is required.

Since this tractor is new to you, you're probably going to want to change all fluids, all filters, and service the cooling system, as you have no way to know wether or not the preceeding service reminders were in fact adhered to.

The Service Reminder and Wrench Light can be re-set by the operator (instructions are on page 42 of the owners manual) after preforming the service job, as follows:

-make sure the engine is running and the dash display is indicating the "hour mode"
-hold down the "display" and "travel speed" buttons at the same time for a few seconds
-the lamp should go out

That'll get ya goin!

Thanks!! You guys are great! :D

I would have never known since I do not have any manuals for it. I will have to invest in some once my wallet catches back up a few.

I have done everything but a coolant flush. What should the water / anti freeze mixture be?

benelli_t

Feb 17, 2009
Louisiana
Vic,
You were right. The service light went away doing just as you described!

This may sound stupid, :eek: but what is glycol? Some sort of anti-freeze? :confused:

How much does the radiator hold so I know how much glycol to buy?

Will just a flush do the job?

Thanks

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey again, glad to hear that we fixed your service light issue.

When Vic says "glycol" - yes, he's referring to antifreeze. Depending on the type of antifreeze you purchase, will be made out of either ethylene glycol (toxic) or propylene glycol (not toxic but more $).

The majority of antifreeze that you come across is automotive antifreeze - ethylene glycol. This stuff is sweet to the taste which is why animals and children might be tempted to eat it. Top up your L3130 coolant with a 50/50 mix of this type of antifreeze.

You can read more about differences in antifreeze in an article we did on tire ballasting - some folks use antifreeze to ballast because its freeze-proof to about -30F or so. Read more here:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2009/01/comparing-types-of-liquid-tire-ballast/