Kubota M4950/ Bush Hog 2426 Loader

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
Hi I have a Kubota M4950 tractor with dual remote control valves in the rear.
Is that the only place to connect the hydraulics for the FEL?
The loader has a single lever, do I use the joystick or do i use the two levers that are behind my right knee?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Randy

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Is this a Kubota FEL or some other brand? Based on what I'm seeing in the online Illustrated Parts List, the Kubota FEL on that model used a front pump to run the FEL. I'm sure Wolfman will tell us if I'm wrong :)
--
I didn't see the full title, sorry.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On some of the M4950 models there is a provision for hooking into the factory pump, there is a metal plate that will be located under the hydraulic pump that will make tapping into the system easy.
Your other option would be to cut the factory line and tap into it. ;)

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
Wolfman Thanks for the info. Would you tell me where that plate is located?
I've read that there is a place under the right foot plate but I don't see anything under there.
Thanks
Randy

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
Working on hooking up the FEL and I'm stuck on finding a attachment point for the hydraulics.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Randy

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
Hi It doesn't appear that I have a power beyond port to hook my FEL to. So my question is can I use the rear remote valves that are one my M4950 Kubota?
I have two remote valves with two ports each, and two onboard levers. How would I go about hooking my FEL up and would I use those two onboard levers or use the one lever joystick that's on the FEL?
Thanks
Randy

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
If no PBY is available yes you could attach JS valve hoses into rear breakaway coupler then bungee cord the appropriate scv control lever in correct position to power the JS. Another option would be to plumb JS pressure & return hose into pressure line where union fitting is located close to hyd pump.

Attachments

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Randy, I'm not sure I'm following all you're doing, but does your loader have the valve connected to it and you're wanting to know where to connect the control valve (joystick)?

There should be two lines/hoses/connections that go from the loader control valve (joystick) to your tractor to get fluid to activate it. You can take those two lines and connect them to one pair of remotes for that power. This requires longer hoses and become cumbersome, but works.

Also, the joystick valve has one lever, but is actually two spools (valves) to operate the functions of the loader.

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
If no PBY is available yes you could attach JS valve hoses into rear breakaway coupler then bungee cord the appropriate scv control lever in correct position to power the JS. Another option would be to plumb JS pressure & return hose into pressure line where union fitting is located close to hyd pump.
Jim thanks for your reply. Do you plumb both pressure and return at the union fitting? In other words, remove coupler and plumb a fitting on one end of the pipe and another fitting to the other end of the pipe, right along side each other.
Thanks again
Randy

IrishWake

Jun 7, 2017
Buford Ga
Randy, I'm not sure I'm following all you're doing, but does your loader have the valve connected to it and you're wanting to know where to connect the control valve (joystick)?

There should be two lines/hoses/connections that go from the loader control valve (joystick) to your tractor to get fluid to activate it. You can take those two lines and connect them to one pair of remotes for that power. This requires longer hoses and become cumbersome, but works.

Also, the joystick valve has one lever, but is actually two spools (valves) to operate the functions of the loader.
Yes, there are two hoses that come off the joystick and connect to the tractor and I have two levers in the cockpit of the tractor and 2 remote valves at the rear of the tractor,(4 connection ports). I was hoping to find connection points closer to the joystick rather then having to add hoses and running all the way to the rear
Thanks
Randy

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Jim thanks for your reply. Do you plumb both pressure and return at the union fitting? In other words, remove coupler and plumb a fitting on one end of the pipe and another fitting to the other end of the pipe, right along side each other.
Thanks again
Randy
Yes attach JS valve pressure hose on pump side of line & return hose on trans side of metal supply line