"1st Annual OTT, PNW, BBQ and Kubota Games" 7/15/2017

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well we will give this a try. There's quite a few OTT folks in this area, and some may be willing to take a road trip, so....... Saturday July 15th, were going to host the Orange Tractor Talks BBQ and tractor games in the beautiful Pacific NW in N. Idaho, near Silverwood. I'll have the Grapple and backhoe in the little BX, and a few log ends cut for playing with, and if we get a few participants maybe have a little Fun contest stacking logs and blocks with a Kubota. I'll even come up with some prizes if we can get some interest. If nothing else, it would be great to meet up and actually talk, not type to each other. Good food, Kubota friends, big yard and huge firepit.
We are located in North Pole Idaho, near Silverwood Water park and Amusement park. It's the largest in the PNW, and we're halfway between scenic Sandpoint, and beautiful Coeur D'Alene. There's 13 lakes within an hour, most much closer. So there's lots to do in the area also. With 5 acres of heavily trees acres, we still have room for a few motorhomes, if it's more convenient to stay over than drive ( especially if we enjoy libatations around the 20 seat firepit)
Please email me, text or call and we can gauge how much food to get etc, so we can be well prepared. Bearskinner at (wait for it,) sbcglobal. net

Last edited:

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
FYI,
You will want to remove your email from the post as the spambots will find you.
Use the private message feature.

Sounds like fun, but to far for me.

Ray

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Might be a few days past my planned excursion to your neck of the woods, but we will see what we can do.:)
As we get closer to launch date, I'll be in touch. I have a delivery to make to NIW first.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can't stand fire pits, food, drinks and most of all OTT people! :rolleyes:

Well I guess I'll go, and suffer through it. :D

This invite extends to anyone, There is plenty of camping, lodging and hang out spots up here, the weather is in the 80's and 60's at night.
Send either of us a message if you need more info on who, what, where, and when.
If you've never been up here it will knock you socks off with how pretty it is!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I am so looking forward to this. We have been so stressed lately that a trip out of town to stay in Wally World parking lots would be an improvement; but a trip to the Coeur d'Alene area, with new friends, camping, dogs & wolves, food, fire pits, and Kubotas... well, how can it get any better?:D

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Just an FYI for anyone considering coming out for this, there are MANY motels, campgrounds, B&B's etc all over the area for extended stays. This is a vacation destination area, and there's tons of tourist friendly things to do in the local towns. There's Boat and jet ski rentals, water parks and amusement parks, lots of Very scenic drives around lakes and thru the mountains. Floating restaurants, brewery's, on and on. I know the locals are used to the scenery, but it is beautiful out here. Farragut park is only a couple miles away, right on the lake. Too much to mention here, just google the area.
We are dog friendly too, I enclosed a small dog run about 200'x80' with a doggie pool and lots of shade trees, or if they hang out and not chase turkeys deer or squirrels they can just cruise around the Forrest with their parents. We have a walking trail thru the woods that starts at our driveway.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bummer :( Wished we knew about it earlier. Sounds like a really fun time. But unfortunately it's not enough notice for my wife to get off from work :(

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Man I would love to go!!!! But alass 2500 miles .....

Need to do an east coast one !!:):p - or semi east coast!;)

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
bearskinner
I will be there. I sent you a pm and email with my vitals.
If you did not get them let me know.
We need to get in contact with Kubota. I think they might be willing to give away a new tractor or mini. Ya!

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
We need one for Texas! Probably not in July though - a bit warm. Hope the event is hugely successful! Please take and post lots of photos.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
ROAD TRIP!!!! Charter the bus and start picking up members along the way. Unfortunately little too far away to make it from here with the time we have this summer, but I would love to see the country where you are.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Does anyone planning to attend the "1st Annual OTT, PNW, BBQ and Kubota Games" do any machining?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Does anyone planning to attend the "1st Annual OTT, PNW, BBQ and Kubota Games" do any machining?
Reason I ask is that I have some duplicate machining tools, accessories, & such that I'd bring for door prizes or whatever if anyone had the need or interest.

(5C collets, 5C collet holder, B&S height stand/scriber, Lufkin depth mike, no name 1"-2" mike, no name 5" sine bar, small hole gages, assorted tool holders, tool posts, micrometer heads, etc, etc, etc)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bill,
That sounds mighty generous of you! :eek:

I'm trying to come up with some things myself!
Maybe I'll just send someone home with a wolfdog!

Well folks, better sign up for this event! :D

I thought it would be a kick to do blindfolded Tractor and Bobcat operations, but Bearskinner probably wouldn't be happy with the damage to his place. :p

Last edited: