Woods Backhoe for sale: Groundbreaker BH9000 with sub-frame

sportscarclinic

Equipment
B2150 w/LA350A and BT750 - B6000 w/S6000 - B7100 - B7200 w/B1630
Apr 11, 2017
Portland, OR
This is a homeowner owner backhoe, it was not commercially owned and is probably as close to new on this particular model as you're likely to find. According to the previous owner's son, his father (who recently passed at age 79) used it to dig the drainage lines and leach field on his 6 acre property, and not much else. I removed it from a John Deere 1070 with 97 actual hours on the clock at the estate sale. The tractor was immaculate and obviously very well taken care of, but was being retained for now to care for the property until it too is sold.

The backhoe was stored outside, and covered, but it does show some weather wear. The seat, as new, was stored inside along with a dozen, low mileage, all original GTOs and Firebirds, which are also being sold along with a metric ton or two of NOS Pontiac parts all meticulously organized, boxed and shelved--very interesting day. I operated the backhoe on the tractor and there were no leaks, it was very responsive and extremely strong, worked like new, with no play at all in main frame or elsewhere. There was no evidence of any mechanical issues whatsoever. Seals and hoses look great. I can say with confidence that judging from the previous owner's cars, property and tractor, this backhoe has never been abused.

Sale includes: the original two buckets in great shape with just some surface rust, the under the tractor Woods sub-frame, and the three sub-frame brackets that fit the John Deere 1070 (may fit others).

I shortened and modified a leaf sprung, EZ-Loader 19' boat trailer to fit the backhoe and sub-frame as a unit in order to haul it home from Southern Oregon. It worked great, towed beautifully at 65-70 mph. I'll include the trailer with the sale to help the new owner get it home, move it to and from the job-site, etc.

I'm headed back East to visit family in Indiana in early July, so delivery to the Eastern U.S. or points in between is possible at that time.

Asking price is $6000, but I'll accept the best offer I receive in the next month or so. Unfortunately this backhoe really is too big to fit my tractor, which Woods advised, but didn't want to accept given its remarkable condition. So, I am in the market for either a Kubota BT75-80 or Woods BH7500-8000. Trades considered. I'll post pictures in the next day or so.

Last edited: