I need smaller fingers

brady-yzf

Equipment
L35, BT900
Jan 18, 2010
Lafayette, CO, USA
On my Kubota L35 I took the loader control valve body apart trying to diagnose a problem that turned out to be unrelated. At the bottom of the valve there is a cylindrical cup over the bottom of the spool. I pulled this off the bottom of the spool and out popped a bearing and a spring. The bearing had compressed the spring into the bottom of the spool and the bearing was heald in place by four other bearings, that in turn are held in place by the cylindrical cup.
The problem is putting it back together. surely there must be a trick to this.

Alternatively, do I need it there? I can't figure it's purpose

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Damn, sounds like a mess for sure :(

There are some members that have been ass deep into there valves, like Butch for one.

If you don't get a response to your answer soon then PM Butch, here is a link to his profile. His was giving him such a problem he even had an X-ray done of it :D

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Sounds to me that you removed the "bucket float" detents. They hold the lever in the full forward position, allowing the bucket to follow the contour of the ground. Try holding the balls and spring in place with some grease.

Milo

brady-yzf

Equipment
L35, BT900
Jan 18, 2010
Lafayette, CO, USA
Tried that originally, but the main bearing gets pushed out by the spring. I notice that its tougher to find the sweet spot between full bucket downpressure and floating, but other than that, it seems the bearings have no necessity.

There is also a smaller cup within the larger cup that I can't figure out how to get out. If I could get the smaller cup out, I could capture the bearings in the right place, then put the bigger cup on. The small cup should come out, but there are no threads nor snap-ring. It could be a pressure fit, but I don't wanna force it unless I know I should!

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
My detent is different. However, if your "inner cup" has holes for the bearings, than it probably does come out. Try a pair of flat nose external snap ring pliers.
Just stick-em in the bore of the inner cup. Careful not to burr up the cup. Should be able to twist and wiggle that cup out of there.
Milo

luc

Equipment
Grand L2900
Feb 10, 2010
Paso Robles. CA. USA
Tried that originally, but the main bearing gets pushed out by the spring. I notice that its tougher to find the sweet spot between full bucket downpressure and floating, but other than that, it seems the bearings have no necessity.

There is also a smaller cup within the larger cup that I can't figure out how to get out. If I could get the smaller cup out, I could capture the bearings in the right place, then put the bigger cup on. The small cup should come out, but there are no threads nor snap-ring. It could be a pressure fit, but I don't wanna force it unless I know I should!

If by smaller cup you mean a flat round piece of metal at the bottom of the spool cap, yes you can remove it and it's the only way to put all the ball bearings/sping in place.
There is a female groove in the ID of the cap but instead of a snap-ring they use a flat coil spring.
Imagine a spring with 3 coils but flat instead of round.
If you look closely ( maybe you need to clean the location well) you will see that the end of the spring have a cut-out to allow you to slide the blade of a small flat screwdriver between the wall of the cap and the flat sping.
You then just leverage out ( toward the center of the cup) the end of coil spring and with another small screwdriver work your way around the coil spring to get it out of the groove