L3400DT L3000 clutch adjustment through flywheel housing

ValveJob

Equipment
L3400DT Loader Boxblade
Feb 6, 2010
La Fayette, GA
A little more information than what is in the operators manual:

This is concerning the second part of the clutch adjustment where you take off the access panel on the side of the flywheel housing. This clutch adjustment is for the PTO.

1. You can not see the head of the bolt that you turn to make contact with the pressure plate.

2. The bolt is turned from the square end until you feel it start to get tight indicating it has contacted the rear pressure plate.

3. Then you turn it CCW 7/6 (1 1/6) turn. This gives you the correct gap.

4. Looking through the small access in the flywheel housing you can see the main drive clutch plate.

5. If you lock down the clutch pedal, the disk should freely spin. This is a good way to check the condition of the clutch. Maybe even a good place to slip a thin blade in to work it off the pressure plate if it is stuck.

There may be other models like this. Most people probably don't need this but I was a little slow witted on it the first time around and did it wrong.

Tom

jonyyuma

Equipment
2003 L3000dt{sept.-10}, loader, tiller
Aug 13, 2010
millington,tn, usa
Thanks for this tip, Haven't started maint. yet, but will be sure to check it on mine as soon as I pull preventive on it. Very nice to have hands on description JY.

ValveJob

Equipment
L3400DT Loader Boxblade
Feb 6, 2010
La Fayette, GA
Thanks for this tip, Haven't started maint. yet, but will be sure to check it on mine as soon as I pull preventive on it. Very nice to have hands on description JY.
Hopefully that will be of some help.

On #2: Instead of me saying "....you feel it start to get tight indicating it has contacted...", I should have that "...you turn it untill you feel it making contact with the flywheel". But I think you get the idea. What I'm saying is that if your feeling it get tight you might go a little to far.

Good luck with that adjustment, It was a little tricky for me but not bad.

Valvejob