B2150 filter imploded

ashcraft

Apr 9, 2010
whitewater,co. 81527
I have a B2150 hst and after a long winter of plowing snow my hydralic filter started spraying fluids ,when I took it off it looked like the inside of the filter had imploded. I changed all fluids and filter and gave her a test run ,after about an hour of working bucket and blade the new filter started spraying. I took filter off and examined it ..o ring was out of its seat on one side but inside of filter is intact. Anyone know what is going on

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Just tossing something out there, but take a look at the vent and see if it must might have some lady bugs in there. Ya never know :rolleyes:

If the vent is a removable type then remove it and confirm everything is clear of obstructions.

Scott

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I might be wrong but I believe that the oil is sucked through the filter so you must be developing pressure some how. Run it for a little while and take off the fill cap or pull the dip stick and see if you have pressure. As suggested your breather may be plugged. I had the same problem with my breather on my b1550 which is likely the same as your 2150.In fact the little tin cap that is over the breather was pressing too hard on the rubber breather and stopping the airflow.