B7100D transmission oil.... scrapper wont lift

Zogman

Equipment
B7100
Mar 16, 2014
Lake Elsinore, CA
My B7100D has a rear scrapper and it is not going up. I checked the transmission fluid and it is low. I am assuming that the scrapper is controlled by the transmission. I checked the manual and it's giving me UDT hydrostatic fluid for the trans but mine is gear driven. I have some Coastal hydraulic fluid that I was given that I am using for the FEL and that works great.

Can I use the coastal or do I need to get specific oil for the tranny?

The tranny does drive the up and down of the scrapper right????

Thanks

btw.... yeah, I'm a newb!

demerson2

Equipment
kubota B7100
Sep 7, 2010
mississippi
I just changed my transmission fluid with Super S from the Kubota dealer....they said i didn't need the UDT Kubota fluid since mine is a 92 model B7100....$55 vs. $95...my fluid was milky...water in it....the fluid change did wonders for the HST drive....not dragging any more..and yes, the trans fluid runs the PTO....not sure about coastal fluid...but from what i've learned not just any fluid works...if its low.....a new kubota filter and fluid would be a good start:D...i drained the fluid from the bottom PTO plug....cleaned the 2 filters in the hydro lines under the foot rest and the 2 drain plugs on the bottom both sides of the rear end....the 2 filters in the hydro lines were a booger to get out but i took my back to tires off and and electric impact driver from Harbor Freight did the trick....came right off no problem...22mm on the PTO plug...17mm on the 2 rear plugs...and a 26mm on the 2 rear hydro line filters...and 3 gallons plus a drop or 2 was what the correct amount

Last edited: