Hello from Maine

MaiNiaK

Equipment
HK-28L
Aug 31, 2014
US, Maine
Born and raised a MaiNiaK..!!
Love anything with a motor in it. Parents owned a automotive garage for 20+ years, so I grew up tinkering.
I've been a self employed carpenter/builder for the past 22 years. Have used a bunch of equipment over the years to ease the labor load on myself aswell as my employes (JLG lift, sizzer lifts, excavators, backhoe/bucket loader, dozzers, bobcats, lull's and tow behind man lifts)
My wife and I had been looking for a nice piece of land up in the mountains for years. Last summer we found it, a timber framed 3,500 sqft home on 50 acres that was being sold through a foreclosure auction.
Needing a piece of equipment to work the land, I finally found a decent little starter excavator (1987 HK-28L).

Hello from the western mountains of Maine...

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Great stuff from you. That's one machine that seldom gets stuck I would bet. Looks ideal for installing buried pipes in trenches. Great country up there.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Haven't seen sunsets like that since i moved from the north east. Spent a lot of time up there in Bar Harbor, east port and Bangor. Loved it up there. Miss buying lobsters fresh off the boat.

Looks like you got yourself a great piece of property as well as a good machine. Will definitely come in handy

MaiNiaK

Equipment
HK-28L
Aug 31, 2014
US, Maine
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.!
Here's a sunset picture for you Darren off the side of a lobster boat.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
SWEEET!!! you got a sweet piece there my friend, and welcome to the orange

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome! Nice land & nice equipment….. but if that's a little starter excavator, I'd like to see what you consider a serious, full time, working excavator….:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nice spread! Just love the mountains!

I'll take your trees and mountains and raise you a couple hundred feet on the trees and a few thousand feet on the mountains! ;)

Nice place to just relax and enjoy a little fire.

It's a little hazy from the Washington and Canadian forest fires, but that's the ski resort about 15 miles up the road.

No lobster, but we do have submarines. :eek:

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's a few from where i grew up in vermont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MaiNiaK

Equipment
HK-28L
Aug 31, 2014
US, Maine
Nice pictures guys..

Wolfman, I never made it up to Northern Idaho. But Jackson Hole on up through Yellowstone is some beautiful country. We then crossed up through one of the passes into Idaho and down to the top of Cali. Really nice country up there.!

Love Vermont too.. Went to school in Randolph, best friend went to Johnson. We used to always go over to see Bread and Puppet, until they shut it down.