M5140

kymidnight

Equipment
L210
Aug 10, 2010
United States
Bit of a story...
So My little L210 finally broke. I have been abusing the crap out of it for the past several months building a log home, and the steering gear box sheered apart under a load that no sane person would have ever put this little tractor through.
So I headed to my friendly deal to see about getting the parts to rebuild the gearbox. $1087 :eek::eek::eek:
I called all the local and not so local salvage yards with no success.
So I started looking at the tractors they had there, and I see the L3700SU loader package, which I think would be a great replacement for the L210 while I fix it. :D
So I talk to the wife, she agrees we can afford it, and I take her to the dealer to look at it. She says to me, "It's too small" :eek:and makes me buy a bigger one. (darn the luck)
So, we are now the proud owners of an M5140. I don't know of anyone else who has had one, it replaced the M5040 in kubota's lineup, and 2011 is the first year.
So, once I actually have it in my possession, (Dealer still has to install my FEL) I'll snap a few pics and post them. If anyone has any questions about this new beast, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.
Lastly, does anyone know where I can get a steering gear box/steering column shaft for an L210? :D

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
Good wifey you got there. She wants you to have a bigger Kubota than you thought you needed! Mine doesn't know anything about a new tractor until I go pick it up.

kymidnight

Equipment
L210
Aug 10, 2010
United States
Yeah, my wife is pretty much awesome.
She loves tools and equipment and as long as I'm building something or another, she is happy.:)

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
My wife and I had a similar experience. I had a very nice walk behind zero turn lawn mower. However, my wife would not cut grass with it. She said she would look goofy cutting grass behind that thing. I asked her if she wanted me to upgrade. She said yes. Now we ride when we cut grass. She doesn't think she looks goofy operating my Kubota. She's even got a pink Kubota hat! Good women are hard to find. Good tractors aren't. They are Orange.

kymidnight

Equipment
L210
Aug 10, 2010
United States
Yeah, they really are. It's one of those things that makes me think, how many Americans would never appreciate the beauty of a tractor or some other piece of working equipment. And how lucky I am for not being one of them :)

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
Re: M5140 & good wives

LOL
Since we are wife bragging..........I needed a machine that could pick up
Automatic Screw Machines (Escomatics) that weighed up to 3,000 lbs.
So I found the new machine that would do the job and my wonderful wife
said "but your sitting outside" I said So ? she said " snow plowing, moving
machines, rain,, You will get awful cranky out in the weather, we need a cab".

Not a prob..lol They are way too expensive but its one of the best investments
we have ever made. Of course she does and has reminded me over the past
two and a half years that its "thanks to her I have a cab". No arguments there.
:)
Oh, and the cab is great when you run into a hornets nest hauling logs for your
winter firewood. Pisses them off big time.