B7800 Saftey Switches

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Without looking at your system, I suspect that when all the switches are closed a ground circuit is completed.

Trace a safety switch wire back to the dash, there should be a second wire coming into the dash that runs to a relay from the safety switch circuit.
Those two wire need to be cut and spliced together.

You could also run those two wires to a N/O momentary switch that you mount to the dash to create your own safety switch. IOWs you will have to push the button of the new switch at the same time you turn the key to start......that will keep kids or others from starting the tractor......will also force you to look around and be aware when you start it.

Another way to do it.....

With a test light, there will be 5 or 6 wires attached to the back of the ignition switch. With the test light, determine which post is energized when the key is turned to the START position, that post will only be energized when in start.....serves no other function, remove that wire. From that post run a new wire directly to the trigger post on the starter solenoid.....you have now bypassed the safety circuit and created a new circuit.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I assume you have a fuel shut off solenoid.

I would pay attention to that. You may need to splice the two wires to the dash that I mentioned anyway. I have no idea if the safety circuit has any effect on the shut off solenoid.

Splice those two wires first......make sure it starts and runs as it should. Then you can modify your safety circuit if you like.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
It just occurred to me that that end of the ground loop may be grounded to the frame, thus there will only be one wire from the dash.

You can trigger a relay with a pos wire or a ground wire.

You will just have to study the system and see what it does.