What videos do you want to see from us?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Myself and Vic will be filming again at some point in the future and we are open to suggestions on what to cover off when the camera comes out.

Some of them that we thought might be handy:

1. adjusting and servicing your belly mount mower
  2. how to detach and "park" your Kubota loader
  3. how to safely trailer your equipment, including loading and lashing to trailer
  4. quick tip on how to boost your Kubota's battery
  5. how to adjust tread width on B and L series to get maximum tire width and stability
  6. PTO overview and PTO overrun clutch
  7. 3 point overview and troubleshooting (keith)
  8. Tips & tricks for maintaining your implements (stevemartin)
  9. Spring time fluid changes (AK)
  10. Hydraulic and attachment system, including adding a hydraulic plug-in (RevDoc)
What do you think? What should our next videos cover off?

keith

Equipment
We,ve got it all in the workshop.
Feb 17, 2009
brisbane queensland australia
I,ve have a bit of an idea how the 3pl system lifts and lowers via the piston or plunger inside the gearbox. Maybe sometime when you guys have one apart you could do a video on , Why it won,t lift? Why it lowers by itself after a short time sitting idle? Thanks guys.

stevemartin

Equipment
L1501DT
Feb 17, 2009
Moosejaw, SK
I've watched the ones you've done on tractor maintenance and rototiller tines. Those were helpful.

Since I'm just gearing up for spring/summer maybe some good tips on how to maintain the implements. Tiller fluids? Auger, mower, loader ... anything I should know on how to keep these things running well?

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Looking forward to Spring time, and getting the Kubota ready, I would like see a video on changing all the fluids - Transmission, Front drive and Steering box.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Hello there Amish, welcome to the forum! Good suggestion on the fluids vid - I'll add that to the list.

Was it you that mentioned a summer restoration project on that B6100? Does it still need a loader?

Curbster

Equipment
L-185 DT
Feb 19, 2009
Nelson, B.C.
Howdy folks! Thanks for the great site where we can post questions, and get answers and advice. I like all of the proposed subjects, but especially the one on trailering yer Kubota to other places. I have seen a great number of trailer mishaps caused from lack of knowledge and experience. Most people do not understand how to effectively tie the machine down, nor do they comprehend how differently the towing vehicle reacts to sudden actions when towing a trailer with a fairly heavy item aboard. Mind you, the moutains and steep grades you find over here in B.C. really demand care and attention when towing a trailer! Looking forward to seeing the articles. Thanks again for taking the time to provide this service!

RevDoc

Feb 17, 2009
Flyover Country
How about an overview of the hydro/attachment system?
I'd like to add a couple of hydraulic plug-ins to the back of my 'bota.

Looking through the WSM, I can't see which line to cut to mount a block to, and the nearest dealerships just want me to bring my 'bota and my checkbook and they'll take care of it, around a 150 mile trip, and you know they won't have the parts, because 'botas are a sideline to them.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Ok sounds good gents - I've added adding hydraulic plugins and an overview of the hydraulic system to the list as well. Good suggestions. What else? I hope you're not tired of seeing Vic's ugly mug...

johnrex62

Equipment
L3700SUHST, 6' Mohawk Rotary Cutter, 6' Armstrong AG BoxBlade, 6' Landscape Rake
Jul 26, 2010
Elgin, TX, USA
I see a lot of newbies on the boards asking basic questions about implement setup and drawbar use. I know I would like to see some tips on ways to quickly adjust rotary cutters, box blades, etc as well as something on the different drawbar options and when to use a swinging drawbar vs a 3pt drawbar attachment.

I have a L3700SU and don't see much out there for the newer models that explain how to use HST or Positional Control on the 3pt. I had a tough time learning how to set my 3pt cutter so that it would not trench behind me because the little knob to set the lower limit on the 3pt control wasn't set and I did not understand what the manual meant by letting the implement "float". I thought it was like the FEL float and kept pushing my control all the way down to activate that magic "float". :rolleyes:

A series of basic operational videos would be very nice for us "less than experienced" users.

NC Bota

Equipment
B7610, FEL, box blade
Jun 1, 2010
West Jefferson, NC, USA
Valve adjustment would be good to see.

Also some basics like how the fuel injection works, how the hydraulic system works, the PTO system and perhaps some tips on tractor safety as well.

Vic, I understand your frustration at being the one in front of the camera, but when you are a star this is the price you must pay.:)

Mark

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
First off, Mr K and Vic I think you guys have done all Kubota owners proud by creating this site. All of us can gain from being a member of this great place no matter what your experience level.

Thinking back to a post where a new owner was given a whole 5 minute overview on his new tractor. Maybe a proper walk a round on some of the different Kubota models would be helpful. It would be great to be able to have it from a BX to a M model but I understand that would be asking a lot. Anything that could be done just to go over basic functions would be a great help for some people. I know that there are not very many full time farmers and functions that are simply to some are not to others. Most owners manuals are lacking in basic information to say the least.