B7100 Starting Problems

TheBird12

Feb 12, 2010
Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Tractor was my grandfathers from brand new, i would imagine its a late 70's model. we are commercial greenhouse growers in New Zealand, it in the past has done all our rotary hoeing, mowing of shelter belt trimmings, handling of all the coal for our boilers, and countless other jobs around the property for many many years, it has seriously done more work for a little tractor than anyone could probably ever imagine. Its been an excellent tractor but she is rather worn out and having some issues.

Won't start off the battery, and we get the starter fair flying jumping it off a much bigger tractor. She wants to go and gets very close, plenty of smoke so its getting fuel. We can pull start her no worries. I am unsure if the glow plugs are working but in our warm climate and the speed we get her turning over i would imagine she would fire up anyway. I tried a little Ether and that makes the engine turn over slower and it makes a bit of a knock. I am thinking its got bugger all compression. The other thing i have noticed you spend a day mowing and you feel real bloody crook by the end which has not been a problem in the past, lots of carbon monoxide fumes i think from incorrect air fuel ratios, maybe the injectors are buggered.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Never posted on a forum so just steer me in the right direction
Thankyou Kindly for your time

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi there T-Bird,
I'm of no help to your problem. But trust me that there are some very knowledgeable tractor guys in this forum that will get to you. Just hang in there buddy.

Scott