Drive-Over Deck Attachment Mechanism

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
New owner, new member with a question already.

I just purchased a new BX2380 with the 60 inch drive over deck. I primarily chose the drive-over due to the easier hookup of the PTO. I realize that there is much more mechanism that stays with the tractor than the regular deck. Normally that shouldn't be an issue for me.

However, if I did need to remove that mechanism, is it possible and how involved is it?

birdmayon

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 11, 2018
Maryland
Yes, it is possible to remove the drive over subframe. Not too difficult, I take it off before winter and put it back on in the spring. I set a furniture dolly under the subframe. Set the mower height to lowest. Lower the mower lever and the frame will rest on the dolly. Unhook the PTO shaft (pull collar), remove the pin at the hinge point between the main subframe and the front subrframe section, pull the main mower deck pins and the subframe is free. Roll it out from under the tractor on the dolly. Then you need to remove the front subframe section, two spring pins and two hanger pins and that piece drops free. Thats it. Kinda a PITA but only takes 10 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Jon2288

Equipment
bx2380 - FEL, quick hitch, PF, DO MMM
Jul 3, 2020
NH
First time Kubota owner, I accidentally removed the subframe yesterday when I took off the drive over deck the first time. I over-thought the procedure and pulled the connection pins when I didn't need to. I know this is 2 years ago on the thread but wanted to mention the key to putting the PTO back together with the subframe assembly is the marking on the shaft (white paint dot on mine) lines up to the wider flat spot in the PTO shaft receiver --- the universal joint on the tractor.

Hopefully if anyone has an issue with this it will help them out as it was a pain trying to get this done yesterday without knowing any better!