Oil and filter

vibesnet

Equipment
B7300
Hello everyone. I have to change the oils (engine and hydrostatic) on my Kubota. Do you advise me to put filters and Kubota original oil or I can put something else more economical.

I found a 19L Dynatrans MPV certified Kubota UDT for 60$CAD while kubota is 100$

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello everyone. I have to change the oils (engine and hydrostatic) on my Kubota. Do you advise me to put filters and Kubota original oil or I can put something else more economical.

I found a 19L Dynatrans MPV certified Kubota UDT for 60$CAD while kubota is 100$
Personally .....use kubota filters.....and on THAT hst .....I would not use another oil type -- but others have and not had any problems....then again OTHERs have bought the wallyworld or tsc stuff and wished they had no done so!:(

On your 20 year old machine I would go with a synthetic up there in the cold...is that dynatrans MPV synthetic?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's really your choice.

Will aftermarket fluid and filters work yes, are they as good as the OEM versions????

I use others oils and fluids but use Kubota filters. ;)

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Oil and filters is all opinion, yes have used OEM for both, have also used OEM for oil and wix for filter, and used OEM filter and name brand oil. Last oil change in the tractor cost $300 just for UDT (not SUDT), but don't think I'll buy the stuff again. Heck CAT oil is not as much as Kubota and CAT builds (IMO) much better stuff then Kubota. Not slapping Kubota, I like the tractor, but they skimp here and there

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Hyd oil is not often changed so I use only the recommended Kubota filter/hyd oil there. There are outdated hyd oils that "meet", so they claim, but do NOT "equal" the genuine Kubota hyd oil. In particular the 303 hyd oils are NO GOOD! and OUTDATED! Use Kubota UDT down South and SUDT up Nawth.
(If you allow it to warm up properly the UDT will work anywhere for a lot less $)
The engine Kubota filter is not that much more than the aftermarket filters and many popular aftermarket filters are not that good (thinking particularly of Fram which has a BIG name and REALLY POOR QUALITY, and a record of failed and small filter elements, cheap bypass valves, and thin can/crimps that can spill your oil out in the field and you'll hear the engine knocking before the oil pressure light comes on to warn you. AVOID FRAM FILTERs IN ANYTHING you value!) See filter reviews all over the internet and you'll see why.
Most brands of engine oil are good, including the SuperTech (WalMart) which is exactly identical to Quaker State/Pennzoil. If the oil meets the CJ4 then all is good. (In the "old days" when "Pennsylvania Grade Crude" was common...Yes, it was the best. But since WW2 and modern refining technology has prevailed... all the oil comes from all over the world and is dumped into the same vat and cooked/refined and pumped into whichever plastic bottle BP/Mobil-Exxon/Castrol/Shell/Quaker-State/Pennzoil/SuperTech/WhoEver wishes and charges the price according to the brand-label...but it is ALL THE SAME! That's easy to prove also because EPA is so picky about additives and environment that the product is regulated into identicality. In fact, it's possible to read the fine print on some bottles to see that it's actually produced at the same refinery by the exact same refiner and merely marketed by being pumped into different plastic containers with wide-variance of prices accordingly.
Save your money and buy whatever engine oil meets the CJ4 grade (or later) and the correct/recommended viscosity of your Owner's Manual.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's not like you have to change it every month so I'd at least stick with Kubota fluid and filters. You do have choices but don't go down in quality trying to save a few $$$ cause it will cost you in the long run.

I use other fluid but it cost more than what Kubota does.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
I use Kubota Filters and Kubota Super UDT-2 in Transmission as recommended, go with what I know.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Kubota premium UDT, and OEM hydraulics and engine filters for me, but I get Canadian Tire MotoMaster 10W30 Semi-Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil for the engine. Rang in quite a bit cheaper than the OEM offering.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I use Kubota filters. Specially the Hyd. filters.
I also recommend oem hydraulic and transmission filters.
The very first time I used an aftermarket transmission filter I had immediate problems on my ZD331. Replaced with oem, and it operated perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: