sidecarflip

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Farming and hunting is setting my time frame. Not much choice as far as recouperation time is involved. I need to be fit enough to handle the farming aspect by by mid april and a New Mexico Elk hunt in November at 8K feet with possibly a Maine Moose hunt too.

Today, I'll start walking my dog, a short trip 2 times, everyday extending the distance gradually until I get up to 2 miles daily. Being only 69, I have some good years left.... I hope.
Youll be fine for a Maine moose hunt.

1 Drive around until you see a moose in a cutting
2. Shoot moose
3. Have the younger guys hunting with you winch it out and onto trailer
4. Take to check station
5. Drink alcohol and cook tenderloin sauteed in butter and onions

Nothing too physical there.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Don't think I could even get up in the cab anyway.
See? Another advantage of the smaller B- and BX- series tractors!!! :D

Seriously, I hope that's the end of it and you have a speedy full recovery.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Flip, Happy to see you posting again,was getting a little slow around here:D. Seriously, take it easy and don't push to much. At our age these things don't heal as fast as they once did. Jeff

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Flip,

Glad to see you made it through. Get well and don't overdo it. It's just gonna take some time.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
See? Another advantage of the smaller B- and BX- series tractors!!! :D

Seriously, I hope that's the end of it and you have a speedy full recovery.
Found that out today in spades. Lost a steer out back and had to have my good friend Tom come over and run the M9 with the forks on to go get it. Seems strange standing there watching one of your tractors that no one else hardly ever runs, tractoring. He got it almost out of the pasture and it slid off the forks and he had to finish the job with a chain on the drawbar. On top of all that, my renderer increased his disposal price substantially.

Wish it was summer, I would have composted the carcass. Too cold to compost right now.

Was about all I could do to walk out and watch anyway. Least I got out. I plan on building on that everyday from here on out.

I'm whipped and I did nothing of substance.

One thing I found out right away getting dressed this morning, my wife has to put my socks on, no way can I reach down there and do that.....:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, Happy to see you posting again,was getting a little slow around here:D. Seriously, take it easy and don't push to much. At our age these things don't heal as fast as they once did. Jeff
Glad to see you back Sidecar!
Flip,

Glad to see you made it through. Get well and don't overdo it. It's just gonna take some time.
Thanks for the well wishes. I do like being back online and making snide comments (not always, just sometimes). Cannot get away with that here at home, Amy has zero tolerance for my humor.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Never did pain meds, don't want to. Interestingly, in addition to putting me in la-la land they gave me an eipdural ( think that is correct spelling) in my spine. Same thing a gal gets when delivering a baby. They could have done about anything and it would have been painless I suspect. The had me on that in recovery and a bit farther on and were giving me feantyl as well. I was stoned on that stuff, made them discontinue it. When they pulled the catheter from my spine, they told me the pain would increase.... They lied, it didn't. Came home the next day.

Don't like or do drugs.

Just want to get this behind me and get back to farming and hunting.
Good for you! I did the epidural when I had my knees done but I still had to take pain meds for a months.

Glad for you it is over. Heal well.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I told ya son the core is all but gone,,its going to take some time,, DONT FREEKIN PUSH IT :eek:!!!! Else you are going to wind up back on the table again,,That is not a pleasant perspective, just to prove you can still do it

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
One thing I found out right away getting dressed this morning, my wife has to put my socks on, no way can I reach down there and do that.....:D
Hey Flip,
A week ago today got my second Total Hip Replacement.
Below are a couple of pics to help you with your socks and shoes. Works great.
First one is the device for putting on your socks.
Second one has the sock installed ready to go. It pulls the sock all of the way up with very little adjustment needed when done.
The third one is of my temporary shoes. Notice the hole at the end of each velcro strap and the hook for manipulation of the straps. Man, that works like a charm!
20190221_131839.jpg

20190221_131951.jpg

20190221_132210.jpg

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Here is a pic of the other end of the stick with the hook in the above photo. It has an end designed to take your socks off.
I got all of these implements in a kit with my first Hip Replacement six years ago. This time around the cheap B@$~@***;! at the insurance company were having nothing to do with it. The staff at the hospital says that you can get them at the Drugstore.
20190221_134438.jpg

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Here is a pic of the other end of the stick with the hook in the above photo. It has an end designed to take your socks off.
I got all of these implements in a kit with my first Hip Replacement six years ago. This time around the cheap B@$~@***;! at the insurance company were having nothing to do with it. The staff at the hospital says that you can get them a the Drugstore.
View attachment 40972
You're a few years too late but boy I sure could have used that a few weekend mornings. :eek: Thinking outside the box, I like it. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep they gave me both them things and a grabby thing,, I have tried the sock thing Im just to lazy to use it :D

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Yep they gave me both them things and a grabby thing,, I have tried the sock thing Im just to lazy to use it :D
Yeah, the sock installation tool works well for what it is, although, I do prefer the voice activated model.
But she can be temperamental if I forget to say, Please.

:D:D

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
I could use those tools now! And I still have most of my parts, actually have a few extra parts used to reassemble me. A result of actions filed under "sins of my youth". Makes for stiff bones on these winter mornings, afternoons, and pretty much the rest of the day! Jeff

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Side Car, here's a big tractor with a few hours (10,400) on it for sale. Needs a little attention, but it would keep you busy and out of trouble with the wife!

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/d/tampa-2004-kubota-m110-tractor-loader/6825649456.html

Needs work!!!! 2004 kubota m110 starts runs good has reverse gears but drives about 10 ft in forward then kicks into neutral! 10,400 hrs runs nice and heater and radio work, good Firestone’s all around! $14,900 as is call or text me 620:38:2:6:8:04

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Side Car, here's a big tractor with a few hours (10,400) on it for sale. Needs a little attention, but it would keep you busy and out of trouble with the wife!

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/d/tampa-2004-kubota-m110-tractor-loader/6825649456.html

Needs work!!!! 2004 kubota m110 starts runs good has reverse gears but drives about 10 ft in forward then kicks into neutral! 10,400 hrs runs nice and heater and radio work, good Firestone’s all around! $14,900 as is call or text me 620:38:2:6:8:04

Interesting. I'll send you 17 and you haul it up for me? I've never seen a M with power adjust rims before or a buggered up grapple bucket like that. Looks like it was run hard and put away wet..... numerous times.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hey Flip,
A week ago today got my second Total Hip Replacement.
Below are a couple of pics to help you with your socks and shoes. Works great.
First one is the device for putting on your socks.
Second one has the sock installed ready to go. It pulls the sock all of the way up with very little adjustment needed when done.
The third one is of my temporary shoes. Notice the hole at the end of each velcro strap and the hook for manipulation of the straps. Man, that works like a charm!
View attachment 40969

View attachment 40970

View attachment 40971
Amy is doing a bang up job, no need to find a substitute as of yet. I'm actually to the point where I can almost get them on myself. Every day I get a little better and far as I'm concerned, all that counts. Walking every day, not too far yet but getting farther with each passing day.

don't even want to think about a hip replacement. I already look like a field dressed deer.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Just found this thread.. Glad you're back and "sassy". (While she's down there... say "please"...and maybe you'll get lucky.) :rolleyes: