sidecarflip

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I am. Barely.

Been home a few days now and not doing much of anything. Missing some parts too. 13" of my ascending colon, 1/3 rd of my liver, my appendicts and my gall bladder too. Got 2 transfusions, lost 2 liters of blood. I have a grand opening from my breastbone to my belly button and around the right side to my midsection.

Glad the timeline was now so I can recover to farm. Wondering if the tractors will even start, I have not been outside since I got home.

3 1/2 hours on the rack with 2 surgeons tag teaming me.

Both say I'm cancer free but I''ll believe that when I see the lab report on the tissue samples.

Even if I am, I still have to get the implanted I/O port removed from my shoulder. That is nothing compared to what I just went through.

Have a follow up visit on Friday, will know more then.

I take every day as t comes right now and every day I improve a bit more..

Just so long as I keep my shirt on this summer, no one will get scared away....:eek:

For now, just being a good couch potato and letting my wife handle the light work......:)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You're talking to 2 guys that know better than most what you're going through. Best advice I can give you is don't be in a rush to get the staples or stitches out and if you have to sneeze or cough make sure you hold on to your belly real tight. Believe me it's no fun having it rip back open, just some things you don't need to see when you look down. Slow and easy bud, it's gonna take time.;)

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Glad to hear you are on the right side of the turf. Hang in there and you'll be back on the Orange before you know it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You're talking to 2 guys that know better than most what you're going through. Best advice I can give you is don't be in a rush to get the staples or stitches out and if you have to sneeze or cough make sure you hold on to your belly real tight. Believe me it's no fun having it rip back open, just some things you don't need to see when you look down. Slow and easy bud, it's gonna take time.;)
I do the pillow on the gut thing. Works well. No staples or stitches, Steri-Strips outside, I suspect stitches inside. Started out with staples but I'm allergic to them so out they came.

Not planning on pushing anything (or tractoring) for a while. Don't think I could even get up in the cab anyway.

When I do get out, I may go out to the barn and warm them up for a while. I can start them both from the ground.

Appreciate the words f wisdom though and yes, it hurts anyway.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well, at least you can run the keyboard! We need someone to liven up this forum and agitate the moderators some.:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Geez sounds like spare parts removal was on sale! Or as long as we're here we may as well take out the appendix etc. :eek:

Glad you're able to log in again. The weather is not especially nice out, although the sun is shining a bit, may as well stay in. Those tractors will be fine. Mine never mention missing me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well, at least you can run the keyboard! We need someone to liven up this forum and agitate the moderators some.:D
Only thing don't hurt is my fingers.....lol

How are things out KC way?

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Well, that sucks. So many here are old enough to of had to spend a few hours on the table and can relate. Time heals all wounds mostly and the misery you are in today will mostly be forgotten in due time.
Take it easy, avoid the pain meds (I used a log to try and stretch my intervals out).
Nap:)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Geez sounds like spare parts removal was on sale! Or as long as we're here we may as well take out the appendix etc. :eek:

Glad you're able to log in again. The weather is not especially nice out, although the sun is shining a bit, may as well stay in. Those tractors will be fine. Mine never mention missing me.
Was told that some things were 'in the way' so they got removed for easier access.

When I was told that, I immediately thought of the thread about loosening the intake manifold to remove the glo plugs.... Only in my case, not loosened, removed entirely.

Went in at 208 and came out at 188 so those 'extra' parts must weigh something.

Found out that if you have a ruptured appendix today, they don't do surgery. It's just treated with antibiotics and you get to suffer. Non issue for me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well, that sucks. So many here are old enough to of had to spend a few hours on the table and can relate. Time heals all wounds mostly and the misery you are in today will mostly be forgotten in due time.
Take it easy, avoid the pain meds (I used a log to try and stretch my intervals out).
Nap:)
Never did pain meds, don't want to. Interestingly, in addition to putting me in la-la land they gave me an eipdural ( think that is correct spelling) in my spine. Same thing a gal gets when delivering a baby. They could have done about anything and it would have been painless I suspect. The had me on that in recovery and a bit farther on and were giving me feantyl as well. I was stoned on that stuff, made them discontinue it. When they pulled the catheter from my spine, they told me the pain would increase.... They lied, it didn't. Came home the next day.

Don't like or do drugs.

Just want to get this behind me and get back to farming and hunting.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I did say, OH great Flip's back on! :D;)

Oh, and there are plenty of others on here that do that! :p

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Flip, glad to hear that you made it through successfully. Good luck on your recovery and as others said, take it slow and easy.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I did say, OH great Flip's back on! :D;)

Oh, and there are plenty of others on here that do that! :p
I knew you missed me...lol Was going to send you a PM warning you I was coming back.:eek:

Figured I'd just surprise you instead. You can, if you want to, come down here and use the big plow and the 9 and clear the road and drives for me. I won't be doing that anymore this winter, don't suspect... Or the 105 but you'd have to move hay tools to get that one out of the barn. I have it buried in the back.

I really hope it starts when I need it, that Group 31 battery is a heavy bugger to get out and replace.

At least one of my good friends who lives close and I hunt with is feeding the livestock and helping the wife fill the stock tanks. I feel basically helpless... not a bad feeling (minus the hurt of course), I could get used to doing less, much less in fact.

Issue with that is, one, I have all that nice equipment that makes money and is paid off and two, selling it wouldn't get me much return on investment so I guess I just need to mend and get on with the show...:)

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I'm glad to hear your are recovering. I hope it goes well, and you can get back to working on the farm this spring, and you can get the M&M's running again.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good to see you are moving,, hell I lost 40 pounds , not that I couldnt afford to lose that any ways,, but that is a heck of a way to lose weight,,lol
One step one day, the core strength is pretty much depleted right now,its been almost 9 months and I am just starting to get some strength back,, take it slow and easy

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good to see you are moving,, hell I lost 40 pounds , not that I couldnt afford to lose that any ways,, but that is a heck of a way to lose weight,,lol
One step one day, the core strength is pretty much depleted right now,its been almost 9 months and I am just starting to get some strength back,, take it slow and easy
Farming and hunting is setting my time frame. Not much choice as far as recouperation time is involved. I need to be fit enough to handle the farming aspect by by mid april and a New Mexico Elk hunt in November at 8K feet with possibly a Maine Moose hunt too.

Today, I'll start walking my dog, a short trip 2 times, everyday extending the distance gradually until I get up to 2 miles daily. Being only 69, I have some good years left.... I hope.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Today, I'll start walking my dog, a short trip 2 times, everyday extending the distance gradually until I get up to 2 miles daily. Being only 69, I have some good years left.... I hope.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, Flip! I'm sure with your gumption and good attitude you will make a good recovery! Two miles is what I call a good walk with the dog as well. We might cut it a little short today since it's a might cold:D