Waterproof and insulated gloves

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
I have a part-time gig at a marina on Lake Erie. In the spring & fall we are putting boats in the water and pulling them out with our boat lift. My job as the ground man involves handling the straps of the lift which are wet & cold. I've tried several kinds of supposed waterproof and insulated gloves and none are ever both waterproof and insulated (and allow ease of movement.) Love the job, but my hands freeze, especially in the spring. Anyone have a glove they can recommend?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't think there is any such animal, but here is the closest I have come across: they are Cool Mud garden gloves. I can do most farm chores without taking them off. Undoing gate latches and scooping wet hay out of a water bucket. My only trick for the cold hands problem is to swap them for another pair of warm dry ones when I get cold.

https://www.ebay.com/i/302591791038...1%26rvr_ts%3D00f613ae1690ac3c34d43f40ffea1296

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a couple of the reviews for the gloves Rdrett listed.

My daughter needs good winter gloves for working at the farm, but does not want a glove that is thick like ski gloves. How "thick" are these?
Answer:
Hello and thanks for your question. The CCW2 Cold Condition Waterproof glove is 4/16 of an inch thick. This glove is rated Down to 20°F. Jason M. Ironclad Performance Wear
By Ironclad Customer Support Manufacturer on January 2, 2018
See more answers (1)

votes

Question:
so i can submerge my hand under water with these gloves and they wont get wet? or is it just the palm that is waterproof?
Answer:
Correct, you can submerge your entire hand up to the brim of the cuff. The glove has a waterproof liner built inside the glove that covers your entire hand. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to us at customerservice@ironclad.com. Have a great day.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Gotta love them lobsters.... The HF ones at 7 bucks a pair are cheap compared to the Hamilton ones but I know the Hamilton gloves work, remember, my very close friend is a Mainer, lives near Bar Harbor and is what he wears.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
My grandson is an electrical apprentice and he has a pair of Milwaukee cordless electric ( the nylon ones) he loves them but I'm not sure how much water they'll take and they're pricey.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My grandson is an electrical apprentice and he has a pair of Milwaukee cordless electric ( the nylon ones) he loves them but I'm not sure how much water they'll take and they're pricey.
If it says 'Milwaukee' on the label. better bet it's expensive. Capitalizing on the 'DeWalt' thing.

I gave up on DeWalt and Milwaukee a while ago for battery powered hand tools. Too expensive. I'm a HF guy now. Hercules and Earthquake.

Not sure about the HF gloves though....:eek:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You might try wearing nitrile gloves underneath your other gloves to keep your hands dry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
NIW has it right... Neoprene gloves are warm, water proof, and flexible. I bought some for fishing. They even work good ice fishing to clean ice out of the hole. If you are active, they should keep you warm and dry.

Just put in "neoprene gloves" in the Amazon search, and you will get a whole slew of them to choose from.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Jadentnes

Mar 12, 2024
USA
It's understandable how handling wet and cold straps at the marina can be a real challenge, especially during the spring season. You're not alone in the quest for gloves that offer both waterproof protection and insulation without sacrificing dexterity. It's crucial to find the right balance to keep your hands warm and nimble while on the job.
While finding the perfect gloves may seem like a daunting task, there are options out there that can meet your needs. One place worth exploring is this work gloves manufacturer. From waterproof and insulated options to those designed for maximum flexibility, they have a selection that could help you find the ideal pair for your work at the marina.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use black rubber gloves that I get from my undertaker. This is what he uses for embalming to keep his hands clean. Next time you visit your embalmer, ask him/her for a pair.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've used dollarama plain cotton gloves( 2 pack, NOT the dotted rubber ones theough ) underneath their solid 'rubber' coated gloves. Yes, you loose flexibilty but are warm !