I Thought She Was Stuck There Until Spring...

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
I knew it as I was headed down the hill into my woods. 3"-4" of snow, on top of about a 1" thick base of solid ice. I was thinking about it, but naaaaaaah. I'd be good. Well, surer than poop, coming out of the woods (I have a 10 acre plot here) cause I was to lazy to walk the wood stove soot cans into the woods, she started to spin. I worked on her for about 3 hours yesterday, with 5 trips back and forth to my Town's DPW for sand, and it wasn't pretty. Poor girl had to spend the night outside, in the cold, stuck...:mad: I slept horrible with that sinking feeling that she was going to have to sit there until the spring thaw. Anywho, went back out to her first thing this morning, and I had 7 buckets of sand to put towards the cause. Didn't even need the sand. The cold weather last night must of set the snow pack on top of the ice. I feathered the foot pedal, with the diff lock on, and she CREPT up the hill towards her heated house. I was so elated that I topped her off with fuel and a non gelling additive. So, no more woods until the Spring Thaw...:rolleyes:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There's a few things about Texas that I find troubling.... but at least it ain't THAT! (Wasn't born here but got here as fast as I could 67 years ago.)

MAD777

Nov 17, 2018
NH, USA
It's definitely been a real winter up here in the White Mountains, no joke! I'm trying to build a house in it. No fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I worked on her for about 3 hours yesterday, with 5 trips back and forth to my Town's DPW for sand, and it wasn't pretty.
Couldn't pull yourself up with the FEL and/or backhoe?

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I remember seeing a tag on someone's truck that said, "You can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas"
That is supposedly a Davy Crockett quote. I have a T-shirit from a local BBQ joint with that on it.

I grew up in West Texas, Midland, and we got snow 4 or 5 times a year. Sometimes a foot others an inch or two. We got ice storms more than a dozen times a year. I now live north of Houston in the gulf coastal plain where snow is very rare but humidity and mosquitoes common. My wife is from the south shore of Lake Superior and I have been up there a couple of months a year since 1990 and enjoy the big snow winters. As far as living in it, It is tough to go to the grocery store half a mile away. Shovel or blow the driveway, after putting on clothes, warming up the vehicle etc. My brother in law got his plow stuck this morning in Marquette and sent pics. He just came back from a week snowmobile vacation with his wife all over the UP. I love visiting up there but am glad I don't live there all winter, eh?

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
That’s what I was thinking. I’ve had mine buried to the floor boards in soup and have always been able to push it out with the loader.
If you're in thick clay mud, forget about it. Regular mud, maybe so. Now if it's snow, I've been able to get out of thick deep snow that came up past the floor boards by using the diff lock and pulling myself with the front plow

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Wonder how many of us on here are from Texas.
It's so good here I have to have two different homes.
One in the hill country and one near the coast.
:D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Best thing I remember about Texas was, the sign that said you are now leaving TEXAS :D

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Daley Crockett said that to Congress as he was leaving.

Is Daley Crockett the brother we didn’t learn about? Just kidding I hate auto correct when it goes bad! Davey Crockett you meant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
That wood stove ash makes great traction aid