front PTO for B6100

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
I am building a front loader for my B6100 ( actually B6001 ). I
want to add a front hydraulic pump. These parts are listed as
available. Are these parts what I need to fit a front pump?

70050-00056 Roller Chain
70050-00110 Sprocket Shaft
70050-00111 Sprocket W/18 - 22 Spline
70050-00112 Sprocket W/9/16 Bore

I attempted to cross reference the tractor models these parts fit
but have not had success. If these are correct, what other parts
do I need to attach a front pump to the 22 spline shaft? Do I need
a clutch ?

Tim

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am building a front loader for my B6100 ( actually B6001 ). I
want to add a front hydraulic pump. These parts are listed as
available. Are these parts what I need to fit a front pump?

70050-00056 Roller Chain
70050-00110 Sprocket Shaft
70050-00111 Sprocket W/18 - 22 Spline
70050-00112 Sprocket W/9/16 Bore

I attempted to cross reference the tractor models these parts fit
but have not had success. If these are correct, what other parts
do I need to attach a front pump to the 22 spline shaft? Do I need
a clutch ?

Tim
Have you called a dealer on these parts?

I don't think several of these parts are available any longer, several people have tried to acquire them and had no luck.

There is also a newer, larger, style engine coupling and shaft for that setup, but again I don't those are available either.

Driving the pump off the front of the engine does not involve a clutch, it's a direct driven setup.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Finding a company in your area like this Canadian one may help.

Small machinists are incredibly versatile in connecting a pump to the front pulley on an engine

They could make any spine/shaft arrangement you might need.

I am thinking the existing spline stub could be easily removed to ensure whatever is made for you will fit first time.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You didn't really answer my question, did you call or just look it up on line?

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
I have learned that unless Messicks shows one in stock, more than likely it's a good chance that it's either hard to find or not available from Kubota anymore.
The crankshaft spline is 18 mm. How many splines are on the shaft?

I am going to look into the Fenner shrink disk. I don't care that I use OEM parts. There is space for another pulley if I wanted to use a 2nd pulley. But the Fenner product seems to be designed for this application. I'll research how to do a s/d. The shrink disk has a collar with several screws that when tightened compress a sleeve around a shaft without the need for a press ( removing the crankshaft etc ).

I added the parts the the 'cart' on the Messicks site, then cancelled. I've not had problems ordering parts for this tractor, but I'm sure that day will come. I'm not even sure whether this is a 6001 "grey" or 6100 U.S. Both numbers are stamped on it.

Tim

Last edited:

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
I don't have a spline spec, but I do have a question: are you going for single or tandem pump?

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
I don't have a spline spec, but I do have a question: are you going for single or tandem pump?
Thanks for responding! I don't know the advantages of either. Can you elaborate ? I have the PF Engineering plans as a basic guide but the hydraulics are a mystery to me.

I've asked Messicks whether the parts are still available. The machine shop that I contacted said they'd need to see the tractor, or at least the crankshaft - not going to do that if Messicks can order the parts for me.

I have a lathe, I probably could broach splines on a shaft, but don't
have an indexing head.

Tim

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
Thanks for responding! I don't know the advantages of either. Can you elaborate ? I have the PF Engineering plans as a basic guide but the hydraulics are a mystery to me.

I've asked Messicks whether the parts are still available. The machine shop that I contacted said they'd need to see the tractor, or at least the crankshaft - not going to do that if Messicks can order the parts for me.

I have a lathe, I probably could broach splines on a shaft, but don't
have an indexing head.

Tim

Douglas B. Thompson

2:12 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me

Sir

70050-00056 available

no longer available

70050-00110

70050-00112

70050-00111

Thank you,

Doug Thompson

Parts Technician

MESSICK'S

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's what I thought, Parts are not available! :(

Look on the front of the crank pulley and see of you have the one with three bolt holes on it, if you do you can bolt a hub onto the pulley and eliminate the need for the female splined shaft. ;)

You can also run it off the already equipped hydraulic pump, and you can get the higher flow pump if you want it faster.

Last edited:

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
The front pulley on the motor of my B-6200 isn't drilled and the front facing surface isn't flat. Kubota lists three different pulleys according to serial numbers.

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDB:

Tandem pump, for the sort of circuit you are likely to have, is like 2 single pumps driven at the same time, on the same shaft. So it will produce 2 separate pressure sources, this means you can do 2 hydraulic operations at the same time, like lifting the loader, and curling the bucket.
A single pump just puts the pressure to wherever it happens to be lowest - which means that if you try to do 2 operations at once, only one rather than both probably happens, or worse, one does happen and the other goes in reverse (like if you intended to curl the bucket and raise the loader arms at the same time, the bucket might curl and the loader arms drop instead - because the system finds it easiest to curl the bucket, and the pressure from the loader arm rams feeds into the common system and helps curl the bucket as well - and in so doing drops the loader arms. I think you can special valves to prevent this, but ... complexity and cost goes up).

The advantage of the single pump is that for the same power and flow rate as the total for a tandem pump, it is physically smaller, less plumbing, simpler and if you do a single operation it will happen quicker than if you had that operation fed by one section of a tandem pump.

Perhaps someone else can leap in and improve my description.

Last edited:

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
I'd appreciate a specific pump recommendation. I am not knowledgeable about hydraulics! I have plans for the PF Engineering loader and backhoe.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The front pulley on the motor of my B-6200 isn't drilled and the front facing surface isn't flat. Kubota lists three different pulleys according to serial numbers.
B6200?
or
B6100?

:confused::confused::confused:

Two completely different scenarios for hydraulics between those two tractors!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
JohnDB,
I have never seen a tandem pump used for just a loader.
Your description is for a 2 stage pump, and again I've never seen one of them used on a tractor for any use.
Tandem pumps are used when higher flow is desired like to run a hydraulic motor driven device, not higher pressures.

Tractors use tandem pumps to use one pump section to run the loader and a second pump section to run PS and other hydraulic operations.

For what Tim needs a simple pump will work perfectly fine.

Newer joystick loader valves typically have anti reverse feedback valves built right into there designs so that dual operations are fine.

You would have to have a really weak / defective pump to have the loader do what you describe, one operation negatively affecting another operation.

I have a B7100 with a loader running off the stock pump, little on the slower side, one because I used 2 1/2" cylinders and 2 its a small pump, but it has no negative operations and the loader is strong enough that it will pick up the entire tractor. ;)