Used B2601 Price check

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Hey all- I’ve been searching for a replacement for my older B7200 for some time now and have chosen to look for a used B2601.

I’ve been looking for a few months and have found a few here and there, most of which are st a dealer. $17-19k depending on the package seems to be the average dealer price. A used B2301 would also fit my needs but they seem to be few and far between.

I stumbled on a 2015 with 150hrs that I’m very interested in- comes with quick attach front end loader, 60” mmm, forks, and a 5’ box blade. After studying the photos it’s in pretty good shape minutes a few dings here and there. I have him down to $14k. The only negatives are the r4 tires (need turfs) and the fact that it’s a 10 hour round trip.

It seems like a worthwhile deal to me, what are your thoughts? The package is exactly what I would get if I were buying new, and after taxes and insurance the new price comes up to $9500 more than this used price.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The package is exactly what I would get if I were buying new, and after taxes and insurance the new price comes up to $9500 more than this used price.
So $14,000 v's $23,500, and only 150 hours. That's 40% off. Yeah, that's a great deal. A 3 year old tractor in good shape really doesn't do anything less than a brand new one. Only thoughts are:
  • If you wanted to finance, then the 0% looks very attractive. That can close a lot of the gap
  • The new new model, that isn't quite out, has the easier to detach loader. Not a massive difference, but if you care about it, then waiting for the new one could be worthwhile

In my part of the world a 3 year old B2601 would be going for about 80% of new. But we don't get 0% financing, so our gear doesn't depreciate as fast.

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Here are a few photos- I'm not worried about the hole in the grill or the bent stabilizer arm (I can bend or replace it easily enough).

Thoughts? Just looking for as many opinions as possible before I make the long drive to look at it in person.

Attachments

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Here are a few photos- I'm not worried about the hole in the grill or the bent stabilizer arm (I can bend or replace it easily enough).

Thoughts? Just looking for as many opinions as possible before I make the long drive to look at it in person.
The grill thing happens a lot when you use the loader, and you don't have anything in front of it. Not an issue. Like you, I wouldn't worry about the arm either. Easy to replace.

I think you are getting a good deal, just from the description you gave, and the added implements you are getting. Just my 2 cents.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Seems like a good deal. Though I have to wonder if they were careless enough to put a hole through the grill and bend that stabilizer in the back, what damage or wear might there be that's not so easily seen.

Still, for the discount you're getting, worth a look.

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Just spoke with the seller on the phone (funny how we negotiate over text before we speak in person...).

Seems like an honest younger guy who bought the tractor a year ago from the original owner for the purposes of putting a new yard in at his house. Its just too big for him and he's never used the mower on it. Sounds like he got a good deal from the original owner. Maintenance since new has been done by a kubota tech friend of his so he's confident that everything is up to date.

The stabilizer arm was bent when he accidently ran over a root which got tangled up and bent it before he knew what was going on.

Tractor has been kept outside, but since its only a few years old it can't be that bad yet. I don't mind some faded paint.

I'm going to look at it Saturday and hopefully come home with it.

Dgas47

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Nov 28, 2018
McKees Rocks, PA, USA
Just spoke with the seller on the phone (funny how we negotiate over text before we speak in person...).

Seems like an honest younger guy who bought the tractor a year ago from the original owner for the purposes of putting a new yard in at his house. Its just too big for him and he's never used the mower on it. Sounds like he got a good deal from the original owner. Maintenance since new has been done by a kubota tech friend of his so he's confident that everything is up to date.

The stabilizer arm was bent when he accidently ran over a root which got tangled up and bent it before he knew what was going on.

Tractor has been kept outside, but since its only a few years old it can't be that bad yet. I don't mind some faded paint.

I'm going to look at it Saturday and hopefully come home with it.
Never saw wood bend steel unless it was 1,700 degrees and between my anvil and wood mallet. Perhaps it backed in to something. I personally bent the top link on my 3 point after I raised it too high with the rops down and I think the replacement was only $40. Not too bad and now I have a steel banana.

I got my B2601 used with 4 hours on it, forks, and rear blade for $16,500 from a private seller. Round trip was 7 hours.

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Never saw wood bend steel unless it was 1,700 degrees and between my anvil and wood mallet. Perhaps it backed in to something. I personally bent the top link on my 3 point after I raised it too high with the rops down and I think the replacement was only $40. Not too bad and now I have a steel banana.

I got my B2601 used with 4 hours on it, forks, and rear blade for $16,500 from a private seller. Round trip was 7 hours.
Thanks for the price comparison. I say root but he hinted it was a pretty big and immovable root. I can see bending that arm backing into something that doesn***8217;t want to move

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Picked it up this morning
Good find - Congrats!

I was looking to upgrade to the same machine a couple years ago. While I love my BX, should have gone to a B from the start.

I think your price point is just fine.