DIY Snowblower Chute Rotator

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That’s a hydraulic pump, not a hydraulic motor.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Not sure what blower or tractor you have, so without that info your question is more than a little difficult to answer.

Have you considered going electric? I recently converted one of my blowers to a winch-powered rotator and it works well. Last weekend I converted another one to rotate via an automotive power seat motor and it's very slick indeed. And FAR cheaper than hydraulics.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Electric is the way to go honestly. I did my chute rotator with a $99 winch from tractor supply, and a $40 10" Linear Actuator for the deflector. Works absolutely awesome. My Father in Law found it so cool, he had me to the same to his new set up too.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have a Bercomac on my garden tractor. This was not my primary snow removal device, but I found out a blower was the best for my situation. This was what I went with to get me through.
Bercomac sells a kit for the deflector and rotation. It is basically a couple window motors with the wiring and joystick. They are VERY, VERY, VERY proud of it. More than I was willing to pay.

Rigged up a linear actuator for the deflector. It is final.

Saw a video on youtube where a guy used a drill motor for the rotation. I did the same, in a hurry. It needs some finish work, but works great!!

This has now become my backup, so it has become low priority to work on.

I, too, think electric is better than hydraulic now that I have both. You need to determine output vs useage for your electrical devices, just like for hydraulic. I think it is easier to add more power than hydraulics.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Like other have said, that's a pump not a motor, wrong end of the equation. ;)

Also what model tractor and model of blower would help too.

ChuchVT

Dec 29, 2016
Johnson
I am currently using a drill for chute rotation as well. I cut the handle off at the end and connect the drill to it. It works well but I'd prefer to use the hydraulics so I don't have to move my hand from the drill to the handle all the time.

I have a Bercomac on my garden tractor. This was not my primary snow removal device, but I found out a blower was the best for my situation. This was what I went with to get me through.
Bercomac sells a kit for the deflector and rotation. It is basically a couple window motors with the wiring and joystick. They are VERY, VERY, VERY proud of it. More than I was willing to pay.

Rigged up a linear actuator for the deflector. It is final.

Saw a video on youtube where a guy used a drill motor for the rotation. I did the same, in a hurry. It needs some finish work, but works great!!

This has now become my backup, so it has become low priority to work on.

I, too, think electric is better than hydraulic now that I have both. You need to determine output vs useage for your electrical devices, just like for hydraulic. I think it is easier to add more power than hydraulics.