Rear Rims for an L345DT

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
I've seen relatively inexpensive 11x28" rims for 6 lug drop center wheels available a few web sites, but they usually don't list compatibility with Kubota specifically. I assume this may be due to either the lug offset or the size of the mounting bolts? Can some one tell me if this is correct and if so, what the offset for a Kubota rim would be?

I was hoping to have an extra wheels with say R3 tires that I could swap out when needed.

Or should I just look on ebay for a used set of kubota wheels?

Thanks

Pete~

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've seen relatively inexpensive 11x28" rims for 6 lug drop center wheels available a few web sites, but they usually don't list compatibility with Kubota specifically. I assume this may be due to either the lug offset or the size of the mounting bolts? Can some one tell me if this is correct and if so, what the offset for a Kubota rim would be?

I was hoping to have an extra wheels with say R3 tires that I could swap out when needed.

Or should I just look on ebay for a used set of kubota wheels?

Thanks

Pete~
R3 rims are not 11x28 rims they will be smaller, what size I'm not sure as that model did not come stock with R3's.
they also will not be drop center rims they will be fixed center.
You will also not be able to change just the rears you will have to change the front too, and if you don't your tire ratios will be wrong and you'll do damage to the 4wd system.

EDIT: Looking at that model, I'm not sure if you can put R3's on it, as the clearances for smaller rims may not be available.

Last edited:

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
R3 rims are not 11x28 rims they will be smaller, what size I'm not sure as that model did not come stock with R3's.
they also will not be drop center rims they will be fixed center.
You will also not be able to change just the rears you will have to change the front too, and if you don't your tire ratios will be wrong and you'll do damage to the 4wd system.

EDIT: Looking at that model, I'm not sure if you can put R3's on it, as the clearances for smaller rims may not be available.

Do you have any experience using R4s? I will be using the tractor on areas that are lawn that I don't want to deboss with chevron patterns. :) But there is also a lot of brush removal and drainage work that needs to be done, and those areas can be quite muddy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have any experience using R4s? I will be using the tractor on areas that are lawn that I don't want to deboss with chevron patterns. :) But there is also a lot of brush removal and drainage work that needs to be done, and those areas can be quite muddy.
Yes, but then again R4's take the same rims as R3's, so changing that way doesn't help you any.

FatLuckFarmer

Equipment
L345DT
Jan 14, 2019
Accord , NY, USA
Yes, but then again R4's take the same rims as R3's, so changing that way doesn't help you any.
So long as I keep the front:rear tire circumference ratio the same there should be no problems. Yes?

Do you know the bolt circles for the front and rear rims?

Yes if you keep the RC within 4% of original then you'll be fine.

No sorry I don't know the bolt pattern off hand, is the tractor not where you can measure it?

Last edited by a moderator:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
The bolt pattern on the fronts of an L345DT is 6x152.4mm and hub bore is 117.3mm

Not sure on the backs

Last edited: