BX Snow Cab

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I think you did an incredible job on it Ping, something you should be really proud of, keep up the good work.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Bearbait,
Thanks! I’ll try and remember to post some pics and observations this fall when I reinstall.
Regards

DanR

Apr 26, 2018
Moncton, NB, Canada
This is by far the best cab build I’ve come across.

Does this forum purge attachments after some time? I ask because I don’t wanna lose the pics in this thread like so many other forums you just get broken links for images in older threads.

Maybe I’ll pull out the informative posts and pics and create a PDF if the OP is cool with that?

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Going Topless

Well, at least the tractor is now. I pulled the cab off and thought I'd share my experience with those following my build.
The Good: Everything disconnected as planned; water, electric to panel and hazard lights. Foam and LDPE filler strips also were removed without incident. Both doors and rear window also were removed without so much as a curse word being uttered!
The Senior Moment: Since the last snow fall, I've been modifying my rear blade to use with my Rural King quick hitch. So, when I rolled the cart up to the back of the tractor to pull the cab.....oops! Somebody forgot about the quick hitch so, instead of modifying the cart, I pulled the quick hitch and was back in business.
The Best of Plans: Originally, I planned to install and remove the cab by myself. During the build phase this was never a problem, until now. During the final assembly after paint, I installed the roof after the frame was on the tractor. Fully assembled, it was just too awkward to pivot back by myself. This really became a 2 person job as the fan and ROPS needed to be pivoted out of the way as the cab rolled back too.
All in all, not too bad for the first time and considering I've got another year to figure out an easier way, not a total failure.
Hopefully, any future builders will read this and address those deficiencies in their design.
As usual, pictures below, comments welcome.
Regards
Im late to the party, but I have to comment... What an unbelievable build!

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Im late to the party, but I have to comment... What an unbelievable build!
Thanks for the compliment. Still hoping I make the sticky pages one day.
Just to update everyone, install/removal time runs about 90minutes at my normal snails pace and requires 2 people to pivot cab onto/off of tractor. A second set of hands really help with hinge pin removal/installation for both doors and the rear window. The remainder of the process is easily completed by myself.
I've completed a couple seasons now and other than the noise, I'm happy with how everything turned out.
Regards.

Reactions: 1 user