Where do you buy your batteries??

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Vmax AGM for my trolling motor in a MinnKota box and on a solar charger when not in use, purchase from Amazon. Big Crank AGMs for my ATVs and on trickle chargers, up to 5 years, American made, online from Battery Mart. Deka for my lawn tractor and on a solar charger in winter, local co op. Interstate for my pick ups, best I can get, from several local vendors. MKC has the original OEM, heard they were going to AGMs so will decide what to get when this one craps out. B2650 is less than 2 years old so it has the OEM, I keep it on a battery tender when not in use.
If your mkc has the auto start/stop crap on it it will have the agm battery in it, if not then it will be a regular lead acid, if it does have the auto start/stop you need to stay with the agm battery or you will have issues.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I had very good luck with an Odyssey brand battery. I used this in an older Range Rover and a winch. Quite pricey up front, but a great battery.

I currently have an Optima in my GMC 1-ton dump. So far, so good.

I've gotten great life from factory Motorcraft batteries found in Fords. And, the original battery in my 2002 Kubota L4310 lasted 16 years. But the dealer was quick to point out replacement batteries will never last that long.

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
I've been getting mine from battery warehouse. Free installation and good warranty. My wife's car battery got a bad cell prematurely and they replaced it no questions asked. Overall though their prices have been good, service is excellent and rarely have I had a battery go bad.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I bought the batteries for my F350 and F150 at Ford. Not much higher than anywhere else and 100 month warranty is hard to beat.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I bought the batteries for my F350 and F150 at Ford. Not much higher than anywhere else and 100 month warranty is hard to beat.
100 month warranty,yes. First 36 months is free replacement,and free towing. After 36 months it’s pro rated,but still better then most other battery warranties.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
WalMart is not my favorite store at all due to their personnel policies... but since I live in a rural area the closest town has a WM Supercenter and I use them a lot for household items.
We do have an Interstate store but I haven't used them except for a rare electronics battery.
The WM batteries are made by Johnson Controls and their better ones are warranted for 5 years with 3 year free replacement. I"ve had excellent results with them. The only time I"ve replaced one unexpectedly I was out of town and the local WM popped in a replacement quickly, professionally (I don't like others to work on my equipt but the tech did a real nice job cleaning up the area, terminals, etc. and installing the replacement keeping OEM cable-routing, etc. I was very/pleasantly surprised to tell the truth.)
I've had excellent service, longevity and pricing at WM for batteries.

Also.... as for the guy who talked his buddy into bringing him is old pile of dead batteries.... AutoZone will pay you $12 each for an old battery. Don't let those things sit around...they're bad for the environment and good for your wallet at AutoZone.

(Also, my heavy Ferguson Asphalt compactor/roller requires a huge battery and WM did not have that size. Got it at AutoZone for $15 less than the identical "Continental" brand sold at NAPA for $130. Unfortunately, the industrial battery only carries a 1-yr warranty. If I told WM it was for my "Cadillac" their largest battery probably would have done just fine and carry that 3-5 yr warranty. Oh well... next time.)

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I do not buy batteries very often, mostly because I take care of them. I used Sears DieHards for a long time. I tried BatteriesPlus (Duracell) though I was not impressed, I think it was old stock.
My garden tractor is 20 years old. In 2008 I bought a Sears battery. It worked fine until this year when starting was a finger cross. So I decided to get a new battery. Prices everywhere was about the same, just under fifty bucks. I have a Interstate batter distributor close to me. Actually, it was the closest place to even get a battery. Three choices, fresh stock, old stock and 'refurbished'. I got a fresh stock.
That garden tractor has NEVER cranked that fast.
If I get ten years out of it, I'll be happy. The Sears Garden Tractor mower now has about 1,040 hours.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
WalMart is not my favorite store at all due to their personnel policies... but since I live in a rural area the closest town has a WM Supercenter and I use them a lot for household items.
We do have an Interstate store but I haven't used them except for a rare electronics battery.
The WM batteries are made by Johnson Controls and their better ones are warranted for 5 years with 3 year free replacement. I"ve had excellent results with them. The only time I"ve replaced one unexpectedly I was out of town and the local WM popped in a replacement quickly, professionally (I don't like others to work on my equipt but the tech did a real nice job cleaning up the area, terminals, etc. and installing the replacement keeping OEM cable-routing, etc. I was very/pleasantly surprised to tell the truth.)
I've had excellent service, longevity and pricing at WM for batteries.

Also.... as for the guy who talked his buddy into bringing him is old pile of dead batteries.... AutoZone will pay you $12 each for an old battery. Don't let those things sit around...they're bad for the environment and good for your wallet at AutoZone.

(Also, my heavy Ferguson Asphalt compactor/roller requires a huge battery and WM did not have that size. Got it at AutoZone for $15 less than the identical "Continental" brand sold at NAPA for $130. Unfortunately, the industrial battery only carries a 1-yr warranty. If I told WM it was for my "Cadillac" their largest battery probably would have done just fine and carry that 3-5 yr warranty. Oh well... next time.)
I'm not overly fond of Wallyworld myself but it has to do with their over abundance of Chinese imports more than anything else.

However, my wife likes shopping there and we too have a huge one about 20 miles from here but then EVERYTHING is at least 20 miles from here (we live in nowhere's ville).

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm not overly fond of Wallyworld myself but it has to do with their over abundance of Chinese imports more than anything else.

However, my wife likes shopping there and we too have a huge one about 20 miles from here but then EVERYTHING is at least 20 miles from here (we live in nowhere's ville).
Flip, you better stay out of Harbor Freight then!!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, you better stay out of Harbor Freight then!!
Fair statement but Wallyworld don't sell tools I'm interested in. Getting harder and harder to find American made tools today, at least ones I can afford that is.

What amazes me about HF is even with the tariff deal, their prices have stayed pretty stable. Maybe Schmid has some sweetheart deal going on or they have such a good profit margin they absorb the increase.

I need to check out their new tool boxes. My old Yorktown is about had it.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Used all the name name brands over the years. Started noticing shorter and shorter life out of top dollar batteries. Switched to WM Everstart MAXX 10-15 years ago and get same life for 60% cost. Will replace one this week on my VW R32, 6 years and a few days old. Would prob last longer but I don't drive it in the winter and the battery will loose it charge. of course I could remember to start or trickle charge more often. Jeff