2019 B2601 to get Quick Connect FEL

neogardener

Equipment
B2601, QH15, RGR1258, BB1260, Ferris IS600Z
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
Did anyone catch the latest Messicks video on youtube about 2019 Kubota products? If not, go check it out...looks like the B2601 (would assume also the B2301) is getting a quick connect FEL, very similar to the BX80 series style. I myself am glad to see this as I have been back/forth btween the B2601 or the BX2380...this pretty much made up my mind! Whats your thoughts on this feature being brought to the B01 series? Any idea how much this may add to the overall price?

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
good to hear.. they should have had it all along instead of charging you extra for it..

all the other brands have started making them SOP.. so Kubota is going to also.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
good to hear.. they should have had it all along instead of charging you extra for it..

all the other brands have started making them SOP.. so Kubota is going to also.
I think he is talking about the ability to remove the FEL without leaving your seat. Just like you can the new BX 80 series. Not the SSQA.

neogardener

Equipment
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
I think he is talking about the ability to remove the FEL without leaving your seat. Just like you can the new BX 80 series. Not the SSQA.
Yes the SSQA i know has been an option for awhile now. You are correct in that I'm talking about the ability to remove the loader and hydraulic hoses all without leaving the seat of the tractor. When the BX80 series first came out and had this arrangement, I wondered how long it would be until Kubota adopted this to the B series. Looks like they used the same or very similar quick connect for the hoses...will definately make life easier. Hopefully having these lines all in one setup will help keep the lines from hitting the hood like on the current model arrangement.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Any view on when this may start appearing at dealers? I've pretty much decided I'll replace my BX2350 with a B2601, I think the new attach will be worth waiting for. I'm assuming every tractor made after a certain date will have them - and I'm in NZ so I'll need to wait for that stock to get to NZ. Trying to estimate when that might be.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Any view on when this may start appearing at dealers? I've pretty much decided I'll replace my BX2350 with a B2601, I think the new attach will be worth waiting for. I'm assuming every tractor made after a certain date will have them - and I'm in NZ so I'll need to wait for that stock to get to NZ. Trying to estimate when that might be.
If you do a bunch of mowing and need to get the weight of the FEL off it makes sense. Otherwise I can't see much of a reason to remove it. The L60 series has that auto hitch you can get for tens of thousands for a hydraulic snowblower attach. I guess.

What other reasons are there to remove it? For me I don't have anything to mow, so I didn't mind a machine that has the FEL permanently attached.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
More than half of my machine use is mowing. I used to not take the FEL off, I started taking it off recently and found it much better - lighter machine, more nimble, easier to get around close to house without breaking stuff.

So I'm now taking it off to mow, and therefore have to put it on any time I use FEL. (I'm also taking mower off when using the FEL a lot). That means I'm much more focused on the ease of both those processes. The drive over mower on the B is much better than that on the BX, so leaning that way. The FEL detach is much better on the 80 series BX, so if that come to the B, then solves both my problems. (Not really problems, just annoyances, I can do them they just take time and get me dirtier than I'd like)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think I've seen this as an option on some of their other loaders. It has a bunch of levers and pivots that connect the bucket to the main arms to implement it. My thought when I saw that version was that it had a lot of pieces to go wrong or get broken, and that keeping the bucket level using the lever isn't so hard.

E10

Nov 16, 2018
NY
I heard from a dealer recently that they can order B2301/2601 and that they are called a B2601-1. But there is a limited allotment per area.
Has anyone else heard of this being possible yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
I want one of the new 2019 b 2601 with the new front loader removal system I think it's going to be a b2601-01 does anyone if any dealers have them yet and maybe price

neogardener

Equipment
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
I want one of the new 2019 b 2601 with the new front loader removal system I think it's going to be a b2601-01 does anyone if any dealers have them yet and maybe price
I wanted to give everyone an update. I stopped by the local dealer over the weekend and was informed the new series will be called the B2601-2. Atleast thats what he said was the order code that the dealers use for ordering the new model. They are expecting to receive sometime around May and he is supposed to give me a call when they show up and get one assembled. He said to expect the price to likely increase by a couple hundred, but shouldn't be a drastic increase. Hope this helps those that are curious as to when they can expect to see them at dealer lots.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I wanted to give everyone an update. I stopped by the local dealer over the weekend and was informed the new series will be called the B2601-2. Atleast thats what he said was the order code that the dealers use for ordering the new model. They are expecting to receive sometime around May and he is supposed to give me a call when they show up and get one assembled. He said to expect the price to likely increase by a couple hundred, but shouldn't be a drastic increase. Hope this helps those that are curious as to when they can expect to see them at dealer lots.
Interesting, thanks.

Anyone familiar with these setups, what exactly will it save you? Just makes it so you don't have to get off the tractor anymore to disconnect and reconnect the FEL?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
What I like about it over mine is the single handle hydraulic connection. Connects all your loader hoses at once instead of having to connect each hose.

The rest of the features don't mean much to me as I'm not interested in the self leveling bucket.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Yeah, the hydraulic coupler single manifold is appealing to me as well, although I can't help but wonder if it's as resilient as a more standard connection.

I also don't care that much about self-leveling, even though I'm going to want a set of forks.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
A quick release FEL would not be a deal breaker for me, nice to have sure, but it only takes a few minutes to remove now.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I think it's more just marketing to keep up with all the "fluff" the green tractors have that never seem to work properly, LOL.

I actually prefer the simplicity of the Kubota B's and the Massey Ferguson's compared to all the gadgets John Deere puts on their tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I think it's more just marketing to keep up with all the "fluff" the green tractors have that never seem to work properly, LOL.

I actually prefer the simplicity of the Kubota B's and the Massey Ferguson's compared to all the gadgets John Deere puts on their tractors.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'd rather have simplicity, reliability, and longevity. I don't mind having to hop off the tractor to get my FEL off. :)

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I am back working for my Kubota dealer delivering and picking up tractors. I delivered one of the new B 2601s the other day. The new quick attach is the same as the BX 80 series. Can be all done sitting in the seat.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yeah, the hydraulic coupler single manifold is appealing to me as well, although I can't help but wonder if it's as resilient as a more standard connection.

I also don't care that much about self-leveling, even though I'm going to want a set of forks.
Agreed.

I have optional single lever FEL hydraulic manifolds on both my L6060 and my M9960.

It's kind of like a microwave oven or a remote controlled TV. You don't know that you need it until you have it but once you do, you will not again be without it.

Not interested in mounting or removing he FEL from the seat, whether it works or not.

SDT