Hunting and game posts

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please everyone please consider this a polite request.

If your going to post game and hunt pictures please leave out the graphic pictures, for some its too much, and yes sorry but I'm one of them.

I'm not calling anyone out, I just ask all this request.

Thank You
North Idaho Wolfman

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Please everyone please consider this a polite request.

If your going to post game and hunt pictures please leave out the graphic pictures, for some its too much, and yes sorry but I'm one of them.

I'm not calling anyone out, I just ask all this request.

Thank You
North Idaho Wolfman
Agreed not that I think there is anything wrong with hunting actually this time next week I'll be hunting bear and deer. Both my wife and I enjoy a feed of something different that we can't buy in the stores but IMHO I also believe you should have the utmost respect for the life you take. Good luck to all you hunters and be safe this season.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I guess I did forget to include that I'm 100% fine with hunting, fishing, I just can't do it myself.

Heck I eat meat and yes I know where it comes from... The meat store :p...

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I can see not posting gut pile photos but an animal that has been harvested or a cleaned carcass hanging isn’t anymore graphic than the meat counter at your local butcher shop . Please give a few more guidelines on what you think a graphic photo is , I as an avid hunter am not out to do anything to hurt my sport or bother anyone but it seems more and more folks are offended these days over simple hunting photos and that seem very petty to me .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll put it simply, that if it looks dead...well then maybe think twice. ;)

I know that's a tough call, but hey this is a tractor forum, not a hunting forum and some don't want to see it. ;)

It's not that I'm trying to censor your hunting posts, but hanging... anything with a pool of blood under it is unsettling to some. :eek:

And I'm really not trying to be and overlord about it. ;)

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I can see not posting gut pile photos but an animal that has been harvested or a cleaned carcass hanging isn’t anymore graphic than the meat counter at your local butcher shop . Please give a few more guidelines on what you think a graphic photo is , I as an avid hunter am not out to do anything to hurt my sport or bother anyone but it seems more and more folks are offended these days over simple hunting photos and that seem very petty to me .
Daniel, everyone has a right to their option however this a tractor forum not a hunting forum which there are many. Sometimes you have to respect the wishes of others no mater how you feel, please respect the friends whom are here to help you and see things differently. I am in no way trying to bash you but try and respect how other people feel. That being said please have yourself a good season and be safe.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Daniel, everyone has a right to their option however this a tractor forum not a hunting forum which there are many. Sometimes you have to respect the wishes of others no mater how you feel, please respect the friends whom are here to help you and see things differently. I am in no way trying to bash you but try and respect how other people feel. That being said please have yourself a good season and be safe.
You boys blind fold yourselves before opening the fridge , you never know what scary sight you may find in the meat drawer.

Reactions: 5 users

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
P.S. I understand this is a tractor site not a hunting site but I thought this section was for off topic , trucks , home repair , cooking , hunting etc etc guess I was wrong .

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not an attack on you or anyone posting hunting and game photos.
There have been a few photos posted in the past that have been over the top and it's not fair to the group to have to shy away from any post or threads just because of content.

As a moderator I have to follow the Owners requests as to the path and direction of decorum, but I also have to help other members to have a good reading and following experience on this forum. ;)

No need to cop an attitude get rude or insulting to anyone else over this...It's my call!

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
I'll put it simply, that if it looks dead...well then maybe think twice. ;)

I know that's a tough call, but hey this is a tractor forum, not a hunting forum and some don't want to see it. ;)

It's not that I'm trying to censor your hunting posts, but hanging... anything with a pool of blood under it is unsettling to some. :eek:

And I'm really not trying to be and overlord about it. ;)
YOU run the forum... so its YOUR call to make.

totally understand & agree. (we do our site the same way.)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
As a diehard Hunter who also happens to own a tractor, I appreciate the fact that this is a tractor forum; I will not be posting hunting pictures on this forum. And that will respect those who prefer not to see these kind of pictures here.

Anybody who has a problem with that should probably take a look at their own egos. I don’t say that to be a snot - I say that Bc I try to see my own part anytime I get self righteously angered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Not coping an attitude just stating the facts, why is everyone so sensitive these days heck my grandmother would butcher hogs on Saturday and have her lady friends over to help , now we have men offended by what most of us grew up on . Times are different now thats for sure didnt mean to offend anyone this is just the life I live , we dont pay the butcher we use the skills handed down to us from generations gone by.

PS , sorry once again , well now Im off to help the granddaughters make some sausage .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
I am active on a total of four sites such as this. Here, for tractors. One other for hunting/reloading and such. Two others for general aviation. There is no single site for everything. At least, not that I have found. The site that I go to at any given time depends on what, in particular, is pertinent to me at that moment.

There are forums that I feel are overly confining and moderated by keyboard warriors. This site certainly is not one of those.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Most here that read my posts know I hunt, created a number of posts on food plots, favorite deer rifle, bow hunting in Illinois, etc.

I try to have respect for those who not not care for it but welcome any discussions relating to hunting or fishing. I'm the one who does not display my deer on the way from the hunt, even as far as covering them up so as not to offend anyone where possible.

The mods here are great and in my opinion do a great job keeping things in check. The best site by far I participate on.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bcbull -

Sounds like you and I have similar backgrounds.

I had no problem with your photos and enjoyed them, but the fact remains some don’t appreciate them. I honestly never considered what others might think.

That said, I have to respect Wolfman’s perspective personally and/or as a Moderator too.

I consider myself a guest here taking advantage of a great Kubota tractor resource. I try to abide by the forum’s rules too, but sometimes I get astray (usually knowingly [emoji12]).

I don’t want someone here telling me how their political philosophy is better than mine. I can see others thinking the same regarding hunting and a whole bunch of other stuff for various reasons.

Not to belabor, but you posted your accomplishment with good intent, and I thought they were cool. Given the opportunity, I honestly would have done the same.

However, now I see others might see that differently, and we as an OTT community need to respect that. Like it or not, it’s the rule of the road.

PS - feel free to PM some of those pictures to me, because I still like them!

Last edited:

B2R

Dec 14, 2017
Ok
Looks like another forum I’ll have to start passing through instead of stopping at. Good info here about tractors but our off topic area can’t have a hunter celebrating his harvest with a picture of it looks dead. What a world we live in, heck I’m offended by green tractors, spice racks, lame music, band videos, caught fish that look dead, abused orange tractors and old people (that also might look dead). But I don’t want to impose my personal views on others so I keep my complaints/opinions to myself. Or I avoid the areas of discussion that don’t interest me, just like others here could do. But instead we are going to worry about offending all the snow flakes in the room.
Yep, I’ll keep my Kubota but I’m be done with this forum. Wolf man might know tractors and he might be a mod here but he is certainly offending me with his personal agenda.
Adios!!

Reactions: 2 users