B2650 top link bent on ROPS

wacnstac

Equipment
loader, forks, box blade, disc
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI
Well folded my rops down for the first time this weekend to do some discing where the tree linbs are quite low. Little did I know that the top link would hit the folded ROPS. It actually bent my top link.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future when the ROPS is folded down and the three point is raised up?

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Re: 2650 top link bent on ROPS

It happened to me also. Only thing to do is put the rops in the next hole up, and or limit how high you raise the 3pt if the rops is all of the way down.

wacnstac

Equipment
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI

Makes me wish there was a top limit on the 3 point that you could set so you didn't have to be constantly looking over your shoulder to see how high it was.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
YES,

happened to me too on the 2601. its one of those little design goofs they made....

good news is if you have a big vise on your bench you can straighten that top link back out. :D

then set it aside & go get a bigger one at tractor supply that wont bend when you do it again............ because you will.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio

Makes me wish there was a top limit on the 3 point that you could set so you didn't have to be constantly looking over your shoulder to see how high it was.
One way you can do that, is to take the 3pt lever adjustable stop that should have come with your tractor, where your 3 pt lever is and put it on the top side of the lever and set it to the height you want.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
I noticed the same thing on my new 2650. I didnt bent the top link tho. I will be taking the upper part of the rops off and cutting 3” off to eliminate the interference between the two being i always have the rops down. I didnt think it was an issue having the rop in the middle hole until i about knocked myself unconscious two days in a row changing out my ballast box for my tow hitch setup..

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I didnt think it was an issue having the rop in the middle hole until i about knocked myself unconscious two days in a row changing out my ballast box for my tow hitch setup..
been there before. Saw stars once too! :mad:

wacnstac

Equipment
Apr 3, 2018
Wellston, MI

I looked at top links at Tractor Supply and Rural King. None of them have the nice swivels links on the ends like the original part. I think I like the extra wiggle room the swivel ends give me but $100 for the original part,.... Yikes