Quick Attach ROPs Hardtop?

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Anyone know of a hardtop that is quick to attach/detach for the BX size? I have to fold my ROPs coming in and out of the garage. Trying not to bake in the Carolina sun this summer.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
I am contemplating a similar easy off canopy but my reason is to reverse the top for summer back hoe comfort.

So far I have found this: https://rhinohidecanopies.com/

Haven't bought it yet, but it seems to be one that is removable & reversible if you buy the correct version.

Anyone have experience with this setup?

Good hunting Kevin1, let us know if you find something else.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I know this isn't a hardtop like you asked about. I am looking at one of these, as I have the same issue with having to fold the ROPS to get my BX23S into my garage. They have different widths available. If you look at the download literature, you can probably remove it in 30 seconds or less.

http://www.cozycab.com/product/a-11496/

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Plus I believe if you want the quick attach/detach hardware you can add another couple hundred to that. Way overpriced.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Like I said...zip tie some 2" or 1 1/2" pipe to to the rops and drop the handle in for a cheap $5.99 golf umbrella from home Depot when they go on sale. I usually buy a couple. I might go through a couple umbrellas in a season...depends on how much duct tape I invest in them and whether I am paying attention to trees.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I found this used but great condition on craigslist, Kubota E1133 canopy. Works good, may reflect some sound, heavy 80-90 lbs. Wont be flipping this canopy up n down very easily. No problems transporting on the highway.

00831484-C4CD-496C-B8F6-86647ABEC481.jpg

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Don't mean to sound like a SA, but with something that tall, just how much protection are you going to get unless the sun is directly above you?
If you have any trees around something like that sure seems like a hazard.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
You would be suprised at how much shade you get. When I used the Bx to mow, I would get 50% shade, sure helped on the receding hairline. Most of my trees are little and I mulch around the base so it doesnt pose a problem, but the bigger trees around the creek I did trim to go under. Also gives a couple extra minutes if it starts raining to finish a job and get it put away. I have 12’ doors so heighth is not an issue.

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I just purchased one of these and installed it. I am very happy with it. My ROP must be lowered to enter the garage and this pops on an off with ease. I will leave it off while working around trees etc. but, for the bulk of my work of grass cutting and BH work, this works well. I used a Golf Umbrella strapped on to the ROP before and it worked ok for the BH work, but not great for moving around the yard. So far, I would give the Cozy Cab Bimini, a pretty good rating, and worth it for me.

Best,

Les.

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
I just purchased one of these and installed it. I am very happy with it. My ROP must be lowered to enter the garage and this pops on an off with ease. I will leave it off while working around trees etc. but, for the bulk of my work of grass cutting and BH work, this works well. I used a Golf Umbrella strapped on to the ROP before and it worked ok for the BH work, but not great for moving around the yard. So far, I would give the Cozy Cab Bimini, a pretty good rating, and worth it for me.

Best,

Les.
No picture attached.

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
I have to check some measurements but I believe I can just attach a regular kabota fiberglass canopy and simply fold the ROP's with it attached. I guess the most important part is remembering to actually fold the ROP's prior to backing in the garage.

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hi Kevin.

I didn't post a picture. It looks exactly like the one on the website. http://www.cozycab.com/product/a-11496/.

Gray color same model etc.

It took about 15 minutes to assemble, and only takes a minute or two to put on and off.

I don't have it on right now as the BX23S is in the garage. For the price and the flexibility, I am happy with it.

Les.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have to check some measurements but I believe I can just attach a regular kabota fiberglass canopy and simply fold the ROP's with it attached. I guess the most important part is remembering to actually fold the ROP's prior to backing in the garage.
Fiberglass one is heavy, I personally would not want to fold it everytime I had to go in/out.

Kevin1

Equipment
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Hi Kevin.

I didn't post a picture. It looks exactly like the one on the website. http://www.cozycab.com/product/a-11496/.

Gray color same model etc.

It took about 15 minutes to assemble, and only takes a minute or two to put on and off.

I don't have it on right now as the BX23S is in the garage. For the price and the flexibility, I am happy with it.

Les.
Thanks Les.