Difference L2501 and L3901

danniel

Dec 21, 2020
kansas
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this comment. I had a Allis Chalmers D12 2WD gas and a JD 750 2WD with FEL and back hoe with no power steering and accomplished amazing things with it. If you use common sense and proper ballast you can do a lot of stuff with it.
You'll be much happier with the L3301 or L2501 for what you are trying to do nowadays. So I do disagree with your opinion.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
For resale alone I would buy the FEL.

For me it is my most used attachment. Second is the ballast block. Third is the rake, then the tiller, then the hydraulic auger.

One point about the FEL/3pt.

Yes you can drag 3pt implements around without the FEL, however the FEL ENHANCES many of them.
Weight - much better 4x4 traction
Rake - I always end up with piles that the FEL takes care of.
Tiller - buckets and buckets full of rocks in the FEL - or do you guys just leave or carry the rocks?
Box Blade - Buckets and buckets of rocks and materials.
Hog - The FEL is your early warning system as well brush guard.
Mowing tall grass - early warning system.
Stump grinder - clean up all the mess.

Add to that that the FEL is no longer "just a bucket" with SSQA.
For me,
Bucket
Grapple
Hydraulic post hole digger
Hydraulic cement mixer
Power angle snow plow
Snow Box
Forks
etc. etc. etc.
The FEL isn't just for breakfast anymore.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
FEL: more than it says. I even use it as a simple way to haul a bunch of tools from my basement to my work area when I'm doing work on the outside of the house, or as a dump bucket for debris on a remodeling project (park the tractor with the bucket just outside the window, throw the drywall and other debris into the bucket, dump into truck for disposal when done). There always seems to be something new to use it for.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
This thread was started in 2017 and resurrected in 2019 and then again yesterday.