Let's See Some Garden Pictures

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Big day in garden on Saturday.

1- Corn done, cut in stalks and replanted 270' for some late corn see how it goes.

2- Snap beans done, replanted 380' of snaps

3- Replanted squash, 25'

4- Peas done, replanted 180'

5- Dug beets, pour yield from 100' row

6- Okra doing well weeded and gave them some go go juice, lots of okra 2 inches long, 2 100' foot rows

7-Strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries bout done.

8- Watermelons looking good lots of 3'" to 4" ones

9-Tomatoes looking 50' row mostly German Johnson and Better Boys

10-All peppers looking great

11-Cukes producing well

I'll post some pics later.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A nice garden to be sure,, my last one was 50x100 more than enough stuff to can and freeze.. But then she got sick and I just didnt feel like doing it any more, to many hours at a real job , you know. Though I do miss those days

botaskinner

Equipment
B2320HST, Land Pride 48" BB, LA304 Loader, TSC Middle buster, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jul 7, 2016
watsonville, ca
Well,
After CM'S post, what I have is pretty skimpy.
Gophers are getting our tomatoes, but the Zucchini is coming on and we're grilling it and drying it to make seasoned chips.

Also have a cherry plum tree that I processed a load of fruit, and converted it to frozen pulp to make smoothes with. Theres so much sugar in it that it refuses to freeze solid. It's a 60 year old tree that almost died a few years back, this year after a couple of heavy pruning it came back like gangbusters.
The nectar off these is like something from another world.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Got some more corn put up. One more patch to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Summer garden done except for a few peas time to cut it down and plant the cover crop of oats, wheat, and rape.

Have a small garden we will plant a few fall crops in.

Good year overall just enough rain and was able to replant many things twice.

Time to get started on the electric fence to keep dang deer out as they love my peas, beans, and melons.

Have 2 separate gardens end to end 100' rows on one and 90' on the other with a turn around between the 2 and 8 rows 25' long of asparagus at the end of my 100' rows.

Plan to use solar electric fence box one for each garden anyone use these, if so how do they work you like them? No power close to gardens.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Garden season for 2018 nearly here for us.

Wanted to get this thread back going from last year.

I subsoiled my gardens this weekend before the rain and then ran the disk over them Saturday and Sunday to cut in the Oats I planted back in the Fall for my cover crop.

I'll plant my taters on March 3rd along with some lettuce, broccoli, beets, kale, arugula, cabbage and chard.

Adding an electric fence to the garden this year the deer destroyed 800' of snap beans and field peas last year.

Asparagus will be coming up soon as the soil temp reaches about 65f. I added a bucket load of composted chicken manure to the asparagus bed which has 98 plants in it. Took the disk and lightly cut in in. I planted my roots 1 foot under ground.

The pic is of my top garden and in the background is the asparagus bed with the bottom garden below it.

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

I used to do a big garden every year, but between bugs, deer and bad knees, I kept downsizing until it disappeared all together.

I think this year I'm going to try a couple of raised beds right near the back door.

Up at waist height so I don't have to bend or kneel, handy to the hose bib for watering, and I'll cover them with bug netting to keep the damn deer from eating everything that sprouts.

If that works, I'll expand on it next year.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin

I used to do a big garden every year, but between bugs, deer and bad knees, I kept downsizing until it disappeared all together.

I think this year I'm going to try a couple of raised beds right near the back door.

Up at waist height so I don't have to bend or kneel, handy to the hose bib for watering, and I'll cover them with bug netting to keep the damn deer from eating everything that sprouts.

If that works, I'll expand on it next year.
See my post at #20 for the wifes' raised bed garden. Sounds like just what you are looking for. And the amount of veggies she gets out of there is hard to believe until you see it.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
See my post at #20 for the wifes' raised bed garden. Sounds like just what you are looking for. And the amount of veggies she gets out of there is hard to believe until you see it.
Very nice! I have a somewhat different plan for mine. I want ALL my plants to be at a comfortable height to work with while standing. Kneeling/Bending is pretty much out of the question.

I'll try to remember to post pictures of what I have in mind when Construction Season gets here. :rolleyes:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Very nice! I have a somewhat different plan for mine. I want ALL my plants to be at a comfortable height to work with while standing. Kneeling/Bending is pretty much out of the question.

I'll try to remember to post pictures of what I have in mind when Construction Season gets here. :rolleyes:
That's the direction we are headed in also. The wood ones will be replaced with more carts, which are about 30" high.

Bulldog777

Equipment
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
I broke my gardens up in January..... been raining ever since. Ugh.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Phooey on your garden and growing! :rolleyes:
Have some snow! :p

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Phooey on your garden and growing! :rolleyes:
Have some snow! :p

It may be a while before you can turn some dirt over for planting.

My taters are going in tomorrow along with all my cool season veggies.

Asparagus is coming up but these last few days of below 30 nights will halt that.

Taking disk off today to put on the bedder and row running early in the morning.

First time cutting grass this afternoon, have a good stand of weeds. Want be long before a application of weed killer will be applied.

Bulldog777

Equipment
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Finally dried out enough to work the gardens some. 35lbs of red potatoes, 200ft of onions, cabbage, collards, Brussels sprouts, and 14 blueberry plants. I'm going to plant sunflowers this year to try to reduce my mowing in the rest of my pasture.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I found a couple plastic barrels for the right price,,,FREEEEE ,,, they go for like 20 to 30 bucks around here. I think I may build a couple benches so they can lay on and split them in half top to bottom blow some holes in the bottoms and see how that works. Not sure how much dirt they would take of even if they would be able to stand the side ways pressure. At least I wont have to bend over to play in the dirt,,lol

Bulldog777

Equipment
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
I found a couple plastic barrels for the right price,,,FREEEEE ,,, they go for like 20 to 30 bucks around here. I think I may build a couple benches so they can lay on and split them in half top to bottom blow some holes in the bottoms and see how that works. Not sure how much dirt they would take of even if they would be able to stand the side ways pressure. At least I wont have to bend over to play in the dirt,,lol
Run you some 2x4's down the sides
half-barrel-raised-beds-1-696x516.jpg