wanted B6000 steering box

KubotaBoss79

Sep 25, 2014
Maryland
Hello I have a kubota b6000 for sale. I'm asking $4200 or best offer. I also have a kubota original pto reverser if anybody is interested?

JD Old Orange

Equipment
yard work
Oct 3, 2014
Ventura, California
on my little girl the sector shaft is shot.
Hello RetiredFF, I too have a B6000 with a worn sector shaft, seems that the part may no longer be available? I too am wondering why the link shown displays a different looking (steering shaft) - mine only has the worm gear, not the rectangular intermediate part with tubes and ball bearings.
Anyways, would really like to know of how to get a new or good sector shaft and weather the new (linked) steering shaft would work (there must be two different steering box types??)

retiredFF

Equipment
B6000, loader, gannon
Sep 22, 2014
spring valley,Ca
I found out there are 2 styles of steering boxes, haven't found any new parts for our old style. west Kentucky tractor has rebuilt ones for 650 plus a 200 dollar core charge. Ouch! I'll probably go that route. my first tractor, can't imagine doing some projects without my little girl.

djmc35

Equipment
4 Kubota B6000's, Cub Low Boy, Sears tractor w/FEL
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
Hey new steering box on Ebay for $403.75 including shipping! I don't think you need a core or anything it says it is new! djmc35

wapiti39

Equipment
2-Kubota B6000's with FEL,s and Tillers.
Dec 10, 2012
Meridian, Id
I am also selling my Kubota B6000( It does need an engine rebuild due to low compression) 4x4 with B219 loader( all new Hydraulic hoses) and a tiller (Tiller is missing a piece/Knuckle on top). asking $2500.00. Buyer must arrange shipping. Located in Meridian, Idaho. Let me know if anyone is interested.

JD Old Orange

Equipment
yard work
Oct 3, 2014
Ventura, California
I ended up buying a new steering box fro Kumar Bros USA on Ebay for around $500....everything looks good, be sure you provide the frame number since there is an early and late model. The early model was harder to locate but if they don't show it on Ebay then you can call them, should be able to Google Kumar Bros. USA. The only issue I had was attaching the steering ball joint to the pitman arm that comes new with the new steering box. Since the arm's splines are different from the original, you are forced to use the new pitman arm....which is all good till you attempt to attach your steering link to the new pitman arm....the hole for the ball joint is slightly too small and will require a little larger hole in the new arm. Well since this is a tapered hole I ended up taking my new pitman arm to a machine shop and he was able to get it fairly close after I measured the fat and narrow ends of the ball joint bolt's tapered bolt.
Kumar Bros weren't much help once they were aware of the issue, since all their parts come from India. There is a chance that my ball joint could have been changed before I owned my tractor, however it didn't appear to be the case. All in all, I am happy since now the tractor can be driven!