What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
I just LOOKED at mine parked in my metal barn today and thought what a great piece of equipment Kubota builds. The thing starts hot or cold and is always ready to lift or move something for me. I have had 3 back surgeries, doing well, but to have the Kubota at a moments notice to save the rest of my OLD back is priceless. I have a 2009 B3200, NON-SMOG! 170 total hours

Watchwldr

Equipment
B2650, La534 FEL, Land Pride STB1072 Snow Blade, Home Made 600#Ballast Box
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
Gave the B2650 a heck of a workout today. I had a big oak blow over a few years ago but the trunk never touched the ground. The roots kept it up on that end and the upper branches supported the other end, so it stayed about a foot off the ground. Well I broke down and bought a saw big enough to handle it ( Echo CS 620P with a 27" bar) and decided that since the ground finally froze up a bit I'd get a jump on next year's firewood. I worked my way down the tree but when I still had about 10' left my neighbor, who is a woodworker, came by and told me he had arranged for a portable saw mill guy to come out to saw some slabs. So we decided to save the rest for boards and chained it up and carried out the last 10' of trunk. The little Kubota worked like a champ! The arm cylinders wouldn't lift the log but I could roll the bucket and lift it that way. We needed every bit of the 600# counterweight I built, plus a couple of times when I had a back tire off the ground the neighbor added his 160# to the rig! We must have been quite a sight! But as the log never got more than a couple of inches off the ground we never had any question of upsetting. Do not try this at home!;)
We took it up to his house where we had dropped another (very dead) oak the same size and repeated the act! Spent the rest of the day splitting wood and the pile I photographed is about half of the day's work.
I honestly don't know why I waited all these years to buy this machine but I'm lovin' it! George in Pa

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Plowed the snow twice yesterday. Towed the kids around on their toboggans. The horses snuck past me when I was bringing water in and went for a 3km run down the road - chased them on the tractor. They are much faster...but once they let off some steam I led them back with the tractor. Put a few hours on yesterday! Also sold the L225, and ordered the bolt on thumb for my backhoe.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nothing with mine, I'm too cut up to even think about getting up in the cab but my good friend Tom came over yesterday and snagged a dead steer out of the feedlot in back with the Kubota and dragged it up to the road for the renderer to pick up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nothing with mine, I'm too cut up to even think about getting up in the cab but my good friend Tom came over yesterday and snagged a dead steer out of the feedlot in back with the Kubota and dragged it up to the road for the renderer to pick up.
I'm really getting worried about your profit margins with all the rendering plant casualties! :eek:

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Getting ready for Cyclone OMA to hit the Sunshine Coast of Australia

Dug 3 trenches and installed some extra drainage lines and drains
Dug and setup two open trenches then concreted the trenches
Moved 70 cm3 of asphalt millings around the shed using the 4in1 bucket on the FEL then shaped it with the spreader bar in the 4in1 bucket and box blade

Another 70cm3 arriving tomorrow with a bit of lock will have it down before the cyclone. Will roller and diesel after everything settles down

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Since buying my '96 M4700DT I've bought or modified several items on it.
Added an aftermarket Kubota-orange quick-detach canopy.
Added an LED light-bar across the top of the front bumper-guard.
Added an LED work-light.
Added a metal tool-box painted KubOrange. (Rustoleum)
Added a marine beverage holder on the right fender (Amazon was much cheaper than Kubota.)
Added a pin-on Quick-Change for the FEL so the pin-on pallet forks from HaySpear/Washburn are an easy change-over between the forks and the bucket. (Saved $2500 rather than convert to skid-steer type and it's just as easy. Found it on YouTube and ordered custom-built from Dan Heibert, danannah (at) gmail (dot) com not from this seller on YouTube but the youtube seller has a great video you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuktqggNDCw Top Notch product and Dan really made it professionally.)
Added an Ammeter to the lower left inst-panel.
Built a Diesel Storage tank from a 160 gal propane tank (painted Kubota Orange, of course!) using shop-air regulated down to 10 psi for pumping fuel thru a water-separator filter. Sure makes refueling my diesels much easier and cleaner. Treated the fuel with Biobor-JF anti-microbial.)

The M4700DT has been rebuilding my mile-long ranch-road in conjunction with my Ferguson 5-8B Compactor-Roller (surplused from Texas Hwy Dept) which has a JD4329 diesel engine for motivation. (Talk about spin-on filters...that engine has one each for Hyd's, Pwr Steering, Coolant, Two for Fuel, and another for Hydrostatic system....every one of them different and specialty-service.)

Attachments

Last edited:

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Well let's see today I moved 3 bucketful's of southern topsoil up against my house footings to get the proper grade. Hand raked and seeded.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Saturday, my B3200 has a date with soapy water and the pressure washer. I have to clean some filters with low pressure from the power washer and the B along with the 4wheeler need to come out of the garage to get to that darn thing, So...… why not wash it all? Get rid of built up mud on the axles and frame bottom. Also remove that exhaust soot from the FEL. Ordered an exhaust extension from Specialty Repairs along with a fuel filter guard and they will both go on Sunday that is if UPS gets them here today as promised...

Probably will also split up a bunch of ash from that tree I dropped last month. The B will get used to transport the split wood back to the pile.

steve.wess.9

Sep 25, 2017
Summerhill
I, like a lot of kubota owners did not care for the factory BX seat on my 1850. It was an odd angle and seemed to push you out of the seat more than hold you in it. It was also impossible to have a child on your lap, let alone 2.
I thought
about purchasing a new seat, but the wife disagreed with that so I’m left with modifying the fracture seat.

I started by hooking a large ratchet strap on the top and bottom and started cranking to bend the metal bucket to a near 90 degree angle.
Next i purchased two 4” long metric bolts for the front of the seat and two 3” long metric bolts for the rear. I pulled a couple of old yz125 clutch basket springs out of the drawer. I stacked 2 on each bolt in the front and 1 in the rear (6 springs total).
Now I have a suspension seat at the correct angle!
I’ve used it a few times plowing snow with a kid on each knee and it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It was also impossible to have a child on your lap, let alone 2.
I’ve used it a few times plowing snow with a kid on each knee and it works great!
OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe you actually wrote this, let alone do it.

That is got to be one of the most dangerous scenarios that I can think of!

I'm just shocked! :(

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe you actually wrote this, let alone do it.

That is got to be one of the most dangerous scenarios that I can think of!

I'm just shocked! :(
And to think I survived riding on the fender of grandpas oliver cutting and baling hay...I guess I won’t mention what my kids do lol...but come try to tell them they can’t ride the tractor:eek:

Watchwldr

Equipment
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
I, like a lot of kubota owners did not care for the factory BX seat on my 1850. It was an odd angle and seemed to push you out of the seat more than hold you in it. It was also impossible to have a child on your lap, let alone 2.
I thought
about purchasing a new seat, but the wife disagreed with that so I’m left with modifying the fracture seat.

I started by hooking a large ratchet strap on the top and bottom and started cranking to bend the metal bucket to a near 90 degree angle.
Next i purchased two 4” long metric bolts for the front of the seat and two 3” long metric bolts for the rear. I pulled a couple of old yz125 clutch basket springs out of the drawer. I stacked 2 on each bolt in the front and 1 in the rear (6 springs total).
Now I have a suspension seat at the correct angle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I apologize if I sound preachy, but Please leave your kids off the tractor when you're operating it. Our daughter is a nurse at Children's Hospital in Philly, in the Pediatric ICU. She has seen more than one child come in as a result of accidents where the child was riding along with Daddy while he worked his tractor. I can GUARANTEE that NOT ONE of those dads thought they were doing anything that would endanger their child. But each one would say exactly what I'm saying. Please think about it. Respectfully, George in Pa

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
George, you said it well. I have hesitated to respond because humans are indestructible right up to the moment their destructed! And telling them what might happen is irrelevant to them, it happens to others. They declare they operate in a safe mode, don't do this or that and give examples of how they did such things themselves and survived.

When you see a child walking around with an artificial leg because of "a bonding experience" the parent thought they were having.... it makes one think different!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Unless the tractor is equipped with a 'trainer' seat like the bigger Kubota's are today, there should be NO ONE ELSE aboard the tractor at any time, period.

Watchwldr

Equipment
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
Thanks D2.
I neglected to mention that at least one of the kids my daughter saw did not survive. Another lost his foot.No tractor ride is worth that risk. The parent is never the same, either.
I guess the best way to teach them, when they're old enough, is to teach them the safety first, before strapping into the seat, then putting them into the seat with the machine off and taking it a step at a time until they "solo".
Then put 'em to work! George